Subject Author Posted Replies

MSP430 core performance
Dear Sirs, Has anybody here tested the MSP430 core performance ? I'm interested in DMIPS / 1 MHz . I saw TI Application Report, named MSP430 Competitive Benchmarking of William Goh, but not every test...
5
5

IAR MSP430 compiler problem
Dear all, Does anybody knows how to force compiler to use call instruction instead of br(branch)for disassembling function call? It is extremely important for me to specific function is disassembled...
28
28

Remotely upgrading only one section/functionality of an entire software
Hi, I am looking for some ways for remotely upgrading only a part of functionality/section of a software running on a target board by sending commands to it through web interface. I do not want the...
7
7

Jam Bytecode Player
The task is to boot the Cyclone FPGA from CPU. The standard way for doing that is Jam Bytecode Player available from Altera. It is workable, however for the good variety of reasons, this JBC player is...
1
1

interfacing cpld
Hi there, a newbie question, and I would be grateful for a response or at least hint where to look(read) for information. My problem is: I have two synchronisation domains. One device (A) is running...
9
9

New Microchip PIC32 Microcontrollers have Lots of Everything (2 CAN 2.0b, Ethernet, lots more)
New Microchip PIC32 Microcontrollers have two CAN 2.0b interfaces and a 10/100 Ethernet interface on the same chip. Article includes a competitive benchmark and a useful block diagram. - Bill Giovino...
2
2

OT: Enclosure
This is not exactly what I would call On Topic, but the people reading this NG are probably the ones most capable to have an answer... I am trying to find a DB9 connector housing with some space for a...
2
2

Kernel image size
I've recently upgraded a ppc405 build for a Virtex 4 device from kernel 2.6.15 (arch/ppc) to 2.6.31 (arch/powerpc) and the size of the image has increased from about 900k to 1.4M. As far as I can tell...
6
6

CONFIG_HZ_1000 vs. CONFIG_HZ_250
I have changed my Linux 2.6.26 configuration from 250 HZ to 1000 HZ to get more samples when using oprofile in timer interrupt mode. Besides increasing the number of timer interrupts, are there other...
3
3

Moving code from CodeWarrior to G++
Hi all, I would say this is probably a noob question although I'm not sure I can legitimately claim full noob status having been working on this stuff for a year or so. Long story short, I have...

NIOS and ftoa()
Hi folks- I'm in the beginning stages of crafting a high-speed measurement device which needs to output a floating point value in ASCII string form that represents the measurement at a rate of 10 kHz....
13
13

Suggested features for CASE to protect shared stores against conflicting accesses
Thank you for all of you that have commented my post "How do you want to access shared resources?". We are currently working to implement following kind of solution to ( mutual exclusion / shared...
11
11

Segmented Displays
Hi, I was building some fonts to more accurately reflect the displays in a product I designed. Since I was already "in the mood", I figured it might be fun to tackle some of the other segmented...
8
8

Compact Flash IDE PIO Write Size Issues
As mentioned here: I'm working on converting a hard-drive-based datalogger to work with compact flash. I'm using the flash cards as if they were IDE drives receiving PIO transfers. The general flow of...
2
2

pseudo random number between X and Y?
Hello all I need a function, when called returns a pseudo random number between X and Y. I have many boards that periodically broadcasts their board addresses on an RF link. All boards use the same...
19
19