Subject Author Posted Replies

Break dancing robot wipes the floor
Break dancing robot wipes the floor Reuters - 10 hours 17 mins ago A hip-hopping, break dancing robot wipes the floor at the International Robot Exhibition in Tokyo. ==== well, that was the news 10...
1

flash memory write endurance
I am using P89V51RD2 flash enabled mc for my application . I am using flash memory to store data. I want to know the flash "write endurance" based on erase cycle or write -erase cycle... plz somebody...
5
5

Commuication Protocols and RAM
Hello all, Caution I AM A NEWBIE!!! Be gentle, ever so gentle!!! I am currently trying to create a communication protocol that will connect several microprocessor devices together. The devices do not...
4
4

Suggest BEST ARM Simulator
Guys, I have been using SPIM simulator for MIPS2000 on WINDOWS/X86. I need your suggestion for a similar/better simulator for ARM? I need a simulator to write/run ARM assembly programs on my x86...

How to synchronize a streaming system with FPGA+FT2232H FIFO
Hi, I'm having trouble figuring out how to architect a robust system using the FTDI chips in FIFO mode. I'm pretty sure some of you have been through this before. I'm using the FT2232H in synchronous...
19
19

Audio with AT91SAM7
I've been looking for a capable chip to do audio processing. I'm a hobbyist but I'm looking for something I could develop on and then take to (very) small scale production, it would serve as the FX...
3
3

Friday afternoon C trivia:
Since there are so many experienced C programmers on this group. How about a little test? Just for fun... I have four pointer definitions: typdef void * LPVOID; 1. const void * ptr = ... 2. const...
40
40

SiLab C8051F064, SPI, 3/4 wire, P0.3, NSSMD problem
SiLab C8051F064, SPI, 3/4 wire, P0.3, NSSMD problem: ======================================== Commissioning new board which has used P0.3 for a chip select for an SPI device (MAX3420 being USB...
2
2

Endianness macros
[ NB: cross-posted to and ] Hello everyone, I'm having trouble understanding some endianness-related macros provided on my platform. typedef volatile U32 FOOBA_MU32; typedef volatile U16 FOOBA_MU16;...
5
5

"Pulse" gel-cell charge strategy?
I've got an application where the environment provides infrequent, randomly-spaced bursts of intense power (think 20V at 300A or more, for 25ms every minute or two), that I'd like to store in a...
29
29

Connectors
Just wondering about connectors. Primarily board input/breakout and power connectors, and if folks have 'lines' (manuf. and models) or even styles, that they like. Surface mount models a plus but not...
2
2

help. MPC8280 SMC Uart.
Hi. I have written a device driver for MPC8280 SMC UARTS. The MPC8280 has two SMC UARTS.When I use the each device through my driver, it's ok.But when I use both of them at the same time, the SMC...

a strang thing about my rtl8139 driver.
Hi, I have some problems about my rtl8139 device driver. I only enabled the Rx Interrupt Bit in the Interrupt Mask Register. But I have found that, the Tx Interrupt Bit, Rx Overflow Bit in the...

Please Help! Missing interrupt from rtl8139.
Hi. I am writting a small os base on x86 arch. I have just written a rtl8139 driver for my device's interrupt vector is 11. When I run my os, I can 'ping' it through windows for a while. But after a...
1
1

New Atmel ATtiny Microcontrollers have 6 Pins, ADC, and LOW Power Consumption
These Atmel ATtiny microcontrollers have 6 pins, and an A/D. Draws a measly 100nA in sleep mode. Article shows a useful pinout (what's the pinout on a 6-pin microcontroller?), a block diagram, and an...
18
18