Subject Author Posted Replies

electrical power draw by x86 assembly language instructions
~ a MOV instruction in assembly (or the "=" to set a value in a variable in high level languages) and a division or module operation have totally different requirements regarding electrical power...
16
16

General question about algebraic circuit analysis
Sitting here laboring through homework, I find myself wondering - Does anyone with a practical engineering job actually do algebraic circuit analysis on a regular basis? I remember some general...
8
8

8052 HomePage going, going...
A news bulletin concerning website changes has been freshly posted on my 8052 microcontroller HomePage at: Get around to taking a last look at the site in the next 1-month if you can, as it will...
11
11

uC lifetime
Hi, I need some kind of analysis/report that covers lifetime, production time, market availability, etc. for newer uControllers, e.g. PIC, AVR, ARM, H8, etc. I have googlet a lot, but not found...
81
81

XCore Exchange
Yesterday XMOS unveiled a new community exchange website - the XCore Exchange ( Worth a look - combines community, social networking and innovation/entrepreneurship.

Proxima DP6150 has issues
Hi, I rescued this projector. Works fine -- great image, ~100 lamp hours, cosmetically clean, etc. -- but it doesn't like to *keep* working! :< Unit shuts down after just a few minutes of "lamp on" (I...
3
3

Stepping motor controller - is this chip suitable?
I am hoping to build a controller board for this motor which says is needs 0.125A (12V version), using the A3987 chip What I find staggering is that the above chip comes in a miniscule package, yet it...
6
6

At Stanford, nanotubes + ink + paper = instant battery
At Stanford, nanotubes + ink + paper = instant battery Dip an ordinary piece of paper into ink infused with carbon nanotubes and silver nanowires, and it turns into a battery or supercapacitor....

XMOS wins award
XMOS has won a 2009 IET Innovation Award: Leon

.NET micro framework ... end of embedded world???
What is he future? ARMs are coming down in price. Microsoft has made micro framework license free. Creating firmware has become high level (C#), cheap, and perhaps the next big thing? Will asm/C go...
31
31

Spartan 3E starter Kit
Hello, i want to buy Spartan 3E starter kit and I am wonder if someone managed to make it works like a standard USB device. Thank you --------------------------------------- This message was sent...
2
2

Re: How hard is it to drive a 3-ph brushless motor?
2232BX4SC check or They have little motors and little controllers too. But they are not cheap. Bye Jack
41
41

IAR compiler & MSP430 problem
Hi All, Need your help, I have problem /w IAR compiler working with MSP430. I've got the project or "work space"from co-worker and I continue to develop the it. In the project we have a 2d array,......
7
7

Execute Disable Bit in Intel Core 2 Duo processor
Hi, It seems that Intel's Execute Disable Bit functionality can help prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks by allowing the processor to classify areas in memory by where...
18
18

Can XP embedded re-enumerate the PCI bus when a system has booted?
I'm about to design a PC104+ board for a client with a largish FPGA on it, this will be driven by an SBC running XP embedded. A couple of factors mean there could be a delay of ~1 second until the...
10
10