Subject Author Posted Replies

Industrial IoT Latest Technology Research, Top Players with Current Trends and Emerging Challenges in 2018
Free Get Sample Copy - Internet of Things (IoT) has brought everything connected through internet. This connected network offers new opportunities to enhance operations acro ss manufacturing, energy,...

Murray's 8051 Homepage is back!
Get Keil C source-code for 8051/8052 project from the updated 'Murray's Homepage' at If you find something useful, then please spread the word.

Programming PICAXE and BASIC Stamp microcontrollers
Does anybody know if PICAXE or BASIC Stamp can be programmed in assembler or Forth (or anything but BASIC!)? -- -- Do, as a concession to my poor wits, Lord Darlington, just explain to me what you...
7
7

Copy to and execution from RAM
Hi I am using a STM32 and I want to use the flash as storage, but I need the p rocessor to keep running Writing to flash while execution from flash will take about 20us for 16bit value and when the...
10
10

Using Mscgen for nice looking State Flow Diagrams
Hello, there are many cases where it is useful to monitor a system in real-time and trace the sequence of events. This link explains how to do code instrumentation and create nice looking Sequence...

Re: When exactly do you choose to use a RTOS (instead of a non-OS approach)?
Mainly it's a question of complexity. If you need complex services, say networking, threading, UI, storage, there a lot to be said for an RTOS - getting those right is a ton of work, and you probably...
25
25

Remapping to Processor code region Vs Without remapping
What is the differences between: 1.Remapping memories to processor code region and 2.Executing the program code built with absolute addresses without remapping I read something about executing...
6
6

What is the best communication mechanism with collision detection/avoidance for my topology?
Hello All, Here is my sensor topology.. _____________ _____________ | | | | Tx |------------|--------->| Rx | | | | | | |ATMEGA128 | | | ATMEGA8 | | | | | | | Rx |------------|------|-->| Tx |...
7
7

Linux and Yocto Project Training 2018, Germany
Toradex is offering an enterprising three-day course in collaboration with KOAN Embedded Software Engineering to teach everything that you need to get started with embedded Linux and Yocto. You will...

What is the best Microcontroller for interfacing the Matrix Display
Hello All, My current project is to interface the display to the controller that gets the data through a Ethernet port and displays it on P10 LED display. I have a 16X32 P10 LED display. I have to...
8
8

Webinar: Introducing the new Colibri SoM based on the NXP i.MX 6ULL SoC
M based on the NXP i.MX 6ULL System-on-Chip. The Colibri System on Module e ffectively showcases NXP?s power-efficient and cost optimized appli cations processor ? the i.MX 6ULL. Toradex?s Colibri...

Interesting review of $1 microcontrollers
You guys seen this? Projects we're working on benefit from slightly more expensive microcontrollers, but interesting stuff nonetheless... A new series that reviews 21 different microcontrollers —...
2
2

Getting i2c touchscreen to work on TS4900
Hey everyone, I've been working on a project that's using a Technologic Systems TS4900 mo dule as its core. For peripherals we've got two USB ports, ethernet, + soun d and touchscreen. The board is...

Firmware upgrade strategies
The first thing to think of is the firmware upgrade strategy of an electronic device with embedded software. There are a multitude of bootloader out there for different microcontrollers, physical...
4
4

CPU Virtualization / CPU state
Hi, I was wondering if someone can explain to me what CPU virtualization means from the perspective of inside of a CPU. I mean, If I have a single core ho w I virtualized it? What parts and functions...
10
10