2.5 " color tft for remote control

We want to replace the simple lcd of our remote control with a 2.5 " color device, resolution min. 320*240. Any suggestions (sources)?

we found only unipac tfts with rgb-interface? Does anybody think this is a viable solution?

Klaus

Reply to
klaus hoffmann

I'm frankly amazed you found a Unipac 2.5" device with that resolution at that size, and suspect that you either misread the datasheet or you were given some erroneous information. Note that all of Unipac's LCD modules in the "camcorder" range use a swing-voltage analog input, which you might call semi-proprietary, as the only way to drive it is through the UPS015 or the UPS051 - one of those chips is for analog RGB interface, one is for digital interface - these chips generate the required LCD timing signals and . You can drive the analog flavor with a 320x240 signal (interlaced) and it will look OK, better than driving direct at native panel resolution, but you won't be able to see fine details.

If this is a battery-powered remote control, I would say this is not viable. People expect the remotes to last a very long time between battery changes...

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" schrieb:

Thank you very much. We were misled by the input names "r g b".

It is a remote control for a machine. We are not yet sure whether we keep it on a cable

Klaus

Reply to
klaus hoffmann