Subject Author Posted Replies

Iperf - megabytes and megabits
Hi, I wonder why Iperf uses 1024*1024 for megabytes and 1000*1000 for megabits ? I think, It should follow either 1000 * 1000 (International System of Units)convention or 1024 *1024 convention . Any...
14
14

CAN Bus analyzer tools
Hi Greetings to Every One!!! I am looking at alternate tools for Vector CANalzer for analyzing the below buss due to cost constraints. 1) CAN 2) J1939 3) Flexray 4) Ethernet Thanks in advance for any...
2
2

Fine-grained synchronization on modern networks
Hi, Modern network infrastructure uses *lots* of buffering; memory is (now) cheap enough to embed throughout the network fabric. With that, fine-grained synchronization over (wired) networks becomes...
19
19

Configuring sccb for OV9650 cmos camera
Hi all. I have just purchased the omnivision 9650 cmos camera for my project of image processing and i wish to interface the camera with the Altera DE2 FPGA board. For this I need to write the...
3
3

OpenTherm protocol: looking for schematics
Hi, I'm designing a board that will have to embed the Opentherm interface. The website doesn't say much. I'm looking for schematics or hardware specifications. thanks for any help, Enrico
3
3

Designing using Qualcomm SOC
Dear All, I am looking for a chip that include GSM/GPRS modem and an application processor (ARM9 will be excellent) , to make a custom design for a mobile. i have found that Qualcomm has a lot of...
12
12

h/w vs s/w MAC
I am looking for some comparision between hardware and software MAC. I understand that that while some chipsets implement MAC totally in h/w some do the same in s/w. The normal argument given is that...
5
5

How to run FreeRtos on MSP430
Dear all, I want to run FreeRTOS on my MSP430 platform, but I have a problem. I downloaded FreeRTOS and tried to start demo project for IAR, but it seems I have older version of IAR which can not...
7
7

can't have 2 lines on my KS0070b display
Hi can anyone help me ? I'm using a Varitronix MDLS20265SS that is said based on KS0070B controller. I think that i implemented the sequence showed in the datasheet and i use it in 4-bit mode. More...
2
2

Sweden : Four Positions for PhD study in the Field of Computer Architecture and Implementation
The High-Performance Computer Architecture and VLSI research groups are conducting research on design principles for the next generations of mainstream as well as embedded high-performance computers....

Latest Call for Papers
Following are the latest call for papers: IEEE International Symposium on Design and Diagnostics of Electronic Circuits and Systems :Austria 2010 International Symposium on Computer, Communication,...

ā€œIā€™m sorry but we had to blow up your laptop. ā€œ
While it's standard practice these days for border patrol to scan through a traveler's luggage, discharging a firearm three times into a bag containing a laptop isn't an action that seems good for...
18
18

Bottom feeding network appliances II
I am also looking for similar suggestions for a network audio client. Think: "Internet Radio" This has many of the same characteristics as the VoIP-ish phone with a few key distinctions: - dual D/ACs...
2
2

Bottom feeding network appliances
Hi, A while ago, I was involved with an open source VoIP phone design. But, too many of those folks have "other commitments" and this isn't a big priority for them. OTOH, *I* would like to get some...
7
7

That new Atmel Tiny4
I'm trying to get my hands on the new 6-pin SOT-23 Tiny controllers that were recently announced. But I can't find them anywhere. This is for hobby use so I just want a small bunch of them. Has anyone...
29
29