Subject Author Posted Replies

Is Zilog still in business?
Is ZILOG still in business? they don't answer tech support phone calls or return emails. My rep from Future Electronics distributor says "not recommended" and do not use them
28
28

ARM9 TCP/IP Stack
Hey y'all -- I'm throwing this post out on behalf of my poor beleagured programmer. We're starting to migrate over our new designs from using the Lantronix XPort for our network needs to an ARM9 with...
3
3

Embedded Wifi?
Hi, Some time ago I managed to interface an Ethernet NIC controller to an 8051. Probably a very nieve question, yet how should I rate my chances of doing the same with a Wifi controller? Is there that...
16
16

User interface cognitive loading
Hi, This is another "thought experiment" type activity (you, of course, are free to implement any of these ideas in real hardware and software to test your opinions -- but, I suspect you will find it...
9
9

LABMADE AUTOMATIC TEST EQUIPMENT: AD5520
Hi, I need to build an in-circuit board tester. Basically I need to measure: 1) resistors (2 Ohm to 1 MOhm) 2) capacitors (10 nF to1000 uF) 3) inductors (10 uH to 10 mH) 4) diodes polarity 5)...
13
13

STM32F103Ze-sk linker script
I have been given the task of getting a GCC cross compiler setup for STM32F101C4 which has not been a problem however I was given an STM32F103Ze-sk "IAR Kickstart Kit" to test my setup on. I am having...
2
2

Using PWM on AVR micro to generate DTMF
Hi I'm wanting to generate DTMF tone dialling (to dial a phone number) using an AVR micro with the timer in PWM mode. There's a description of how it supposedly works here some source code here From...
6
6

what makes computers 'Embedded"
Hello: Please explain for this old 'lurker' what you mean by "EMBEDDED" ? What makes a processor embedded or what you can do with one? I have always wanted to see if a RCA 1802 would or could be in...
23
23

1 USB to 2 via USB Hub chip?
I am looking at a Atmel micro that supports 1 HS USB Host/OTG interface. I have a need for at least 2 HS interfaces. Are there any issues connecting the 1 HS USB Host interface to a USB Controller...

Did anyone know Joe Stack...
...in Austin? anyway, the site is available now. (what a sad situation) http://www.embeddedart.com
8
8

Source for small (e.g., PDA/phone) color touch panels
Hi, I am looking for 10 - 20 small-ish color LCD touch panels for a "one off" project. In these small quantities, I suspect I may be better off purchasing a bunch of "appropriate" PDA's on eBay and...
14
14

bluetooth + embedded system
Hi, I have some general questions on bluetooth and embedded system before I am able to go into a more details questions. Below is some specifications that I needed for something I have in mind: 1. I...
5
5

measuring 10 km with 1m accuracy
Hi, What would be best technology (GPS,IR,Radio/freq,ultrasonic etc) for doing distance measurements upto 10km with accuracy of 1 meter? GPS could be good for greater distance but accuracy seems...
51
51

CfP: Workshop on Isolation and Integration for Dependable Systems (IIDS)
Dear readers of I would like to inform you of our Workshop on Isolation and Integration for Dependable Systems (IIDS), co-located with EuroSys 2010 in Paris, France. The extended submission deadline...

Google's Liquid Galaxy is. a wraparound view of 8 LCD screens
12-Feb-2010 Just up and running: GOOGLE is moving into the world of 3D. The IT giant?s latest project is called Liquid Galaxy and is a chamber in which the viewer is surrounded by LCDs displaying...
1
1