Subject Author Posted Replies

From Prototype to Final Product: Developing the Next Generation of IoT Embedded Systems with Low Risk and Great Scalability
oMs/SBCs together with the expertise of our guest, Sierra Wireless, in comm unication and IoT to showcase how you can quickly transform your ideas into PoCs, prototypes and end-products using...

Webinar: How to Design and Build Alexa into the Colibri iMX7 and Chatterbox AVS Development Board
In this webinar, we detail the complete hardware and software suite for the Amazon Alexa Voice Service (AVS) and the steps to deploy the Chatterbox an word or push-button activated Alexa device. The...

SPI Flash: don't work high-speed read at 48MHz
I'm using Microchip SST26VF064B SPI Flash memory with an LPC1768 from LPC. It works until I change the SPI clock frequency from 24MHz to 48MHz. I'm using HIGH-SPEED READ command that should work up to...
4
4

Prototype to Product - by Toradex
Discover the challenges you may face turning that nice IoT prototype runnin g on your desk into a product that you can sell. Many projects look great i n presentation videos on Kickstarter but then...

How Physical Memory Mapping / Allocation works
Hi guys, I am new on software programming and I am trying to understand some basic/ important things.I am interested in Bare-metal software programming, so ple ase give me answers related on this. My...
13
13

Don't you just hate it when the wrong firmware is installed?
Yikes. Once I had a manufacturer accidentally install test software and ship a pile of boards, but this? Check your work ;-)
3
3

Toradex Technology Workshop 2018, Noida
Toradex brings forth its next Technology Workshop, scheduled to be held in Noida on February 27, 2018. Toradex?s subject-matter experts will b e highlighting key aspects of embedded computing with a...

Webinar: Getting Started with Yocto - Meeting the challenge of Embedded Linux deployment
Doulos brings forth an interesting training webinar, which delves into how a minimal Linux system can be extended to include custom, packaged software . Doulos demonstrates how standard Linux tools,...

A new benchmark suitable for small systems: stdcbench
For benchmarking C implementations, the there are a few benchmarks, but they all have their problems. Many benchmarks have memory requirements that are far too high or need functionality not...
25
25

Source code static analysis tool recommendations
Hi folks- Does anybody have any recommendations for static source code analysis tools based on practical use? My customer is asking us to apply a static source code analysis tool to an existing...
30
30

Use reserved vectors in Cortex-M3 vector table
Here[1] you will find the vector table of Cortex-M3 core. There are 4 vectors (16 bytes) that are named "Reserved" (plus one more at index 13). Do you think they can be used for custom purposes? The...
6
6

Simple filesystem for embedded platform
I'm using lwip that runs httpd over LPC1769 MCU. Now the filesystem for httpd can't fit the internal Flash memory anymore. So I'm going to use an external SPI Flash memory. I need some suggestions...
9
9

driver allowing to define GPIO pin groups and control them via sysfs
Hi, I'm developing a system based on Xilinx MPSoC chip, where multiple function alities are controlled by AXI GPIO blocks. All those GPIO pins are accessible via sysfs interface. However, it is...
4
4

Linux and Yocto Project Training 2018, Germany
Toradex is offering an enterprising three-day course in collaboration with KOAN Embedded Software Engineering to teach everything that you need to get started with embedded Linux and Yocto. You will...

No Ethernet on RCM6750 after porting code from 5750
Hi, i have to port some code, which works on the RCM5750, to the RCM 6750. At the beginning I had some trouble with larger Arrays. Got the error message "Out of variable data space", fixed it by using...