Subject Author Posted Replies

RS-485 Unterminated Bus and bias resistors
After looking at several application notes (by National, TI, B&B Electronic...) I can't understand if I can bias the two-wire bus without inserting a 120 ohm resistor between A and B cables. Reading...
5
5

Embedded C++ Book?
Any book recommendations for C++ techniques for deeply embedded systems? I know how to do this, but I kind of picked it up by osmosis in the 90's. I need a book I can recommend to folks. I'm not...
18
18

Popular Science magazine have made 137 years of back issues available for free on the net.
We've partnered with Google to offer our entire 137-year archive for free browsing. Each issue appears just as it did at its original time of publication, complete with period advertisements. It's an...
2
2

Auto-update protocol
Hi, I'm looking for ideas for a lightweight (yet robust) autoupdate protocol for a family of network clients I'm designing. Some criteria: - Unattended, persistent operation. A device shouldn't...
34
34

New Rabbit 6000 Microcontroller has on-board WiFi
Supports 802.11 a/b/g ON-CHIP, and runs at 200MHz Article contains a block diagram. Bill Giovino Executive Editor
2
2

Microchip Introduces 16 New Enhanced Mid-Range 8-bit Core Microcontrollers
32MHz operation and 20nA sleep current. Article contains a product roadmap and a selection guide. Bill Giovino Executive Editor
2
2

Cheap embedded ethernet controller board with 2+ interfaces
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap embedded ethernet controller board with 2 or more interfaces (10/100 Mbit), it should be programmable in C. Ie. what I'm trying to get or build is a device like a cheap...
4
4

SDHC 4 bit driver?
Hello, I'm trying to add SDHC support to a STM32 4 bit mode driver (not SPI) which works fine with normal SD. Before ACMD41 I added CMD8 with 0x01AA as a parameter; the answer is the same (0x01AA)...
2
2

Extended Hamming encode/decode
I needed to write some very simple c routines (tempted to use assembly, but not for this application at this time) to handle the following extended hamming code cases: [ 8, 4, 4] [16, 11, 4] [32, 26,...
72
72

Announcement: New version of UML state machine code generator available
Hello list readers, The new version now supports the generation of C / C++ / nesC / ObjC / Ada and C# code. SinelaboreRT was built especially with embedded real-time systems in mind. Generated code...

Innovators get Linux to boot in 1 second
Innovators get Linux to boot in 1 second Doing real-time Linux is hard enough. Making it boot in 1 second took real innovation. Paul Rako, Technical Editor -- EDN, 3/4/2010 Cheers Don...
2
2

Power/Clock Management
I have a system that needs to spend the majority of its time in a sleep mode (using internal 30kHz oscillator), wake to respond to some interrupts (either still running at 30kHz or 6MHz external...
1
1

Display Control Application Using Spartan FPGA
Hi folks, I have been introduced to a project where I have to implement a TFT display controlller on a low-cost FPGA like Spartan-3 or Spartan-6. The controller has to support at least XGA - 1024x768,...
4
4

ADS1255 (24-bit ADC) Initialisation command sequence
Hi friends, I am working on 16 - channel data acquisition project, Silab C8051F310 + ADS1255 + external multiplexer. ADC crystal is 7.643 MHz. SPI clock freq is 1.58 MHz Hardware interface- CS -->...
8
8

ping to usb interface fails for large packets
Hello Sir, am currently working on OMAP34XX series USB OTG controller. The USB OTG controller is configured to operate in peripheral mode which is using GADGET USB stack. Am lost debugging this issue....
1
1