Subject Author Posted Replies

SDL for protocols
Hello All, I just wanted to know how many real designers use SDL language to model their communication protocol. Do industrial designers really use the SDL way of doing things i.e. "communicating...

micro SD persistently slower after programming and reboot
A micro SD (sandisk 1GB) running in SPI mode, under linux, is (re)programmed by writing a 2MB image with dd and then the system is rebooted. Typically the sequence is: dd of=/dev/sda1 sync ; sync;...
4
4

Ethernet on LPC2368 using DP83848- Remote Fault
Hello geeks ! I am trying to use ethernet on with LPC2368 and National's PHY DP83843. I am using the EasyWeb example to start problem is that the MAC is not getting initialized. All I could figure out...

ft232rq device not recognized problem
I am working with an ARM board , there is a USB serial section .I have used Ft232Rq . Due 32Qfn pack i somehow soldered with a DIY hot air pencil. I have run the VCP (virtual com port) driver setup in...
1
1

The UK Embedded Masterclass 2010 - 6th and 11th May Cambridge & Reading
Hi, Just a quick reminder about this UK event Cambridge 6th May, Reading 11th May Six half-day workshops, an agenda of technical presentations and 30+ vendors exhibiting. Lunch and refreshments...

interfacing server to dspic
hi all, I get some data from the host web page to my lab which is configured as a server. After processing that data i get a set of values. how do you transfer that value to a dspic. Since im new to...

USB ESD SUPPRESSOR
In Atmel USBKEY reference design, they use this to protect the signal lines. LittleFuse 24V: But why 24V to protect the 3V to 5V USB lines? Tyco used to make a 14V, but gave up also: I have not seen...
5
5

Finally, selling my old Xilinx/Viewlogic software package
x----------x
29
29

FX2LP I/O port issue... need help
Good evening all. My design has a chip connected to a FX2LP ( 100 pins). The firmware, written and compiled with SDCC, works except access to the E port... I've tried several stuffs, like putting my...

ARM *simulators*
Hi, [Trying not to hijack the "Best dev kits for ARM Cortex" thread] I'd appreciate comments re: vendor offerings for ARM *simulators* (i.e., forget the "device/vendor-specific I/O's) and their...
9
9

Best dev kits for ARM Cortex?
Hi I've started porting a project from an 8 bit AVR to an ARM Cortex M3 MCU. I'm reasonably comfy with AVR, but I'm new to ARM Cortex. I found an NXP part that looked great, price and feature wise. I...
7
7

ZigBee CC2500 interface with AT89C2051 Code
Please help me to interface ZigBee CC2500 with AT89C2051 Code. I need the source code for the controller. --------------------------------------- Posted through

Fabrication guide
Yeah, I know, this isn't a binary group - but this seemed like something most folks here would have an interest in. This is a one-time deal that I will *not* repeat. flames to /dev/null
6
6

Enclosures
Hi, I need a small quantity (~20) of small {plastic,aluminum} enclosures. But, I'm looking for something other than a simple rectangular prism shape. So far, I haven't found anything "stock" that...
46
46

Evaluation of real time kernel performance
hi all, I'm wondering what are the main parameters when talking about kernel performance...and when I say kernel I mean basic stuff, like context switching, blocking time, time for finding task of the...