Subject Author Posted Replies

[OT] PACE parts needed
I've "misplaced" my manuals for this old PACE (PPS-51 unit) handset, so I don't have a model or part number. This is the handset with a standard three-prong AC plug. This unit has held up well, but...
3
3

Computer Hardware Poster.
We've seen this before but it's worth another look: a giant poster of computer connectors and sockets to help you identify odd things you find. Version 1.7 hot off the press. As well as improved...
3
3

Thanks for the memory.
With these new 32Gb microSD cards being released: This picture is a bit of a mind blower: Cheers Don...
3
3

VDC is Interested in Your Engineering Experiences
VDC is conducting its annual survey of mobile and embedded engineers so if you are involved in the engineering of mobile or embedded systems/software, this is your chance to influence key solution...

Reverse or inverse ARP from windows/linux - no way (!?!?)
I tried today to figure out a simple way to give users of our new netmca ( ) to locate its IP address once it gets one via dhcp when there is no internet at the moment (when there is the device posts...
80
80

USB 3.0 implementation on FPGA
Hi everyone, I'm just about to start an implementation of a USB 3.0 interface in VHDL for data transfer from FPGA to a PC and vice versa. The core should acts as a USB device for the PC. The core is...
12
12

What is happening to Atmel EEPROMs?
They have doubled their prices and the lead times are 18 weeks. Yet, others are making them OK. Are Atmel trying to get out of the business? x----------x
45
45

BT earpieces
Hi, Anyone dissected one of these? I'm curious if it is even possible to do so (or if they are so highly integrated that doing so just results in a pile of plastic and silicon). E.g., could you use...
20
20

Saving C structures to file -- best practices
I'm doing some work on a 16-bit micro and one of the things the software does is store data in a structure for easy access. Currently, I save the entire structure to file and get it back from file...
30
30

50 ohm PCB antenna track impedance
I am designing a PCB which will use a GPRS modem. The connection between the Antenna SMA connector and the GSM modem is via a 20mm 50 ohm PCB track. This is a two layer 1.6mm thick 1 oz copper PCB and...
2
2

Have you ever Vinculum/FTDI support?
Has anyone here ever had a response to a support query for the Vinculum VNC1L or anything else for that matter? I don't get as much as an automated ack. I thought the purpose of the chip was to make...
16
16

spartan 3E ethernet PHY help..
i am using spartan 3e board to transmit UDP packets to my pc. I can write to PHY registers i.e. i have only done soft reset by writing 1 to 15th bit of control register and i can see that it executes....
2
2

Bluetooth Myoelectric Mouse
So for my capstone project I've decided on a myoelectric controlled (think robotic prosthetics) wireless computer mouse. From my little reading so far, I can avoid the pc side of the bluetooth stack...

design issue - embedded webserver application
Hi everybody, I am having a question about a design of a system. My goal is to integrate a single board computer into a existing measurement system. A webserver should run on the SBC so that the...
6
6

Initializing a Sitronix ST7571 LCD display driver
Hello I'm looking for example code for initializing a Sitronix ST7571 LCD display driver. Anyone here that can share his code?
1
1