Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: A question about building a large and complex piece of software
[cross-posted to comp.embedded, as it contains questions specific to embedded programming] Chad writes: Yes. The trick is to have a good abstraction layer reasonably close to the hardware. When you...
1
1

Guest Webinar: Heterogeneous Multiprocessing with Android on NXP i.MX 7
Asymmetric multiprocessing (AMP) systems fulfill the need for high performances and real-time by combining the responsiveness of a MCU (Cortex-M) with the processing power of an application processor...

Wear-leveling and Journaling file system for NOR flash?
What are folks using for reliable file system on for example SST26VF064B 64Mbit SQI flash? Naive FAT will quickly wear out device for some uses; needs a wear-leveling file system. Needs to be...
3
3

Anybody using PIC32 and Harmony? Successfully?
Select option -> Generate Code -> Build -> Build fails. Select different option -> Generate Code -> Build -> Build fails. Try yet another option -> Generate Code -> Build -> Build fails. Harmony is a...
1
1

Cypress PSOC 6
It has been a while since I looked at anything Cypress. I have a couple of PSOC something sticks that were fun to play with a bit, but I never used t he CPU for a project. Now they have come out with...
3
3

Use of soft float?
While those who make heavy use of floating-point computations in embedded sytems probably go for systems with hardware support for floating-point calculations, there are plenty of systems without such...
13
13

Unit testing for embedded development
I'm not an expert on test-driven development. I know the general ideas behind TDD, however I never used it in my projects. I want to start using TDD, at least creating some unit testing on some more...
4
4

arm-gcc: avoid calling other system functions
I'm trying to put all ISRs in RAM[*]. Unfortunately, depending on the code, arm-gcc could call some system functions that are located in Flash. For example, if I use a switch statement, the compiler...
18
18

CAN Sniffer on Altera DE2-115 Board
Hi there, I am trying to implement a CAN sniffer on an Altera DE2-115 evaluation boar d with the Terrasic AD/DA data conversion card (High Speed Mezzanine Card ( HSMC) via SMA. I am using two A/D...
2
2

Toradex Technology Workshop, in collaboration with Gusto Controls, India
Toradex, in collaboration with Gusto Controls, brings forth its technology workshop aimed at providing insight into embedded computing, with a focus on embedded Linux. We will also be showcasing our...

6750 Errors due to missing ID-Block
Hi, I received a couple of RCM 6750 Modules. At some I got the following errormessages: line 19 : WARNING : _DC_CLK_DBL_ should always be defined, but was not defined: line 20 : WARNING : Defined...

Look! Up in the Sky! It's a Bird! It's a Frog! Its an Autonomous Vehicle!
A lot of the leading-edge technology for autonomous vehicles is coming from military applications. Actually, the U.S. Navy built what was probably the first drone helicopter back in the 1960's: Bill...
1
1

Atmel 328 ext. interupts
Atmel 328 external interupts I'm debugging an Atmel AVR 328 that won't generate an external #0 interupt. At present, the timer1 is generating an overflow interupt as would be expected. The input for...

Guest Webinar: An introduction to Embedded Vision with MVTec HALCON
In this webinar, you will learn how you can evaluate MVTec HALCON on Torade . We will introduce HPeek, a tool which allows you to easily check the perfor mance of your embedded device for typical...

Plug&Play solution to reach an embedded HTTP server under a router
I'm designing a electronic device running an embedded HTTP server. I'm using lwip TCP/IP stack and the httpd application that comes with lwip. Because the device is under an ADSL router and the public...
26
26