Subject Author Posted Replies

Gnu tools for ARM Cortex development
Is anyone out there doing development for the ARM Cortex (specifically the m3) with the Gnu tools? Are you using the CodeSourcery set, or are you building your own? If so, how are things going? There...
52
52

Simulation of ARM7TDMI-S
Hi All - We're using an ARM7TMDI-based chip for an upcoming project. We'd like to be able to simulate the complete system including: - our own simulation of LCD, buttons, etc - serial IO simulation...
7
7

PCF8562 problem
Dear all, I am using PCF8562 for driving LCD. I must say I am complete beginner, so any help with interfacing uC and PCF8562 via I2C would be precious. I mean I2C protocol is not a problem but I am...

Trace32 custom script with progress bar
Hello, I'm trying to write custom Trace32 Lauterbach script and I want to display a graphic comparison of several different arithmetic snapshots of the same variable. But I do not know how to display...

"Up" in hierarchical namespace designators
Hi, I support multiple intersecting, overlapping, disjoint, etc. namespaces on a distributed system. My conceptual model for the namespace consists of three different types of "things" (avoiding the...
6
6

Disable hsync/vsync on a TFT
To display pixels on a TFT hsync/vsync is used. But when the displayed image does not change do I still have to update the TFT regularly? I like to save the precious bus bandwidth for other things...
4
4

linker script and compilers.....
Hi, I was trying to setup an environment to compile programs for an STM32. One of the steps is to write a linker script. Now my question is: what does the linker script depend on? I think that it...
4
4

In search of (agile?) change management resource
I am looking for a tool to facilitate maintenance of a firmware-based product, but I don't know whether it exists, nor do I have a name for it. Ideally it would be vendor agnostic as I never wish to...
6
6

Generate Assembly File Via Borland 3.1
I need to tweak the assembly file that the c compiler generates, but it goes straight to an exe. Is there a way to view and modify the assembly file before it go the assembler? Thanks!
4
4

What is the purpose of terminating resistors in a Communication Network?
What do terminating resistors do in a Communication network? Can someone please explain why terminating resistors are needed in a Communication network? For example, consider RS-485 network with one...
3
3

How to connect terminating resistor to RS-485 Network?
I have a Master board and Two Slave Boards on a RS-485 network. The are connected to each other by 3 pins. A and B are differential signal and third pin is a ground. I want to add terminating resistor...
4
4

ST STM8 Now supported by IAR Embedded Workbench
The IAR Embedded Workbench is based upon IAR's optimizing C compiler, and includes full support for all devices in the STM8A, STM8L, and STM8S families. Evaluation as well as free versions are...
9
9

TDMA synchronization
Dear All, I am trying to understand the problem of synchronization in TDMA. If i understand correctly, each TDMA frame begins with a preamble where nodes synchronize each other with the master. I am...
3
3

(AT91SAM9260) Where to buy Schukat parts in Italy?
This is a bit OT, sorry. Please someone direct me to an Italian company that imports from Schukat (a German company). Schukat does not sell to private end-users, so I'm looking for an Italian company...

Asyncronous 1-wire interface?
Hi, Im looking for a short-range (20 cm) 1-wire I/O interface that is fully asyncronous. Does such a thing exist? Leo Havmøller.
26
26