Subject Author Posted Replies

ready to run 32bit controller
Hello, does anybody know a more powerful Atmel AVR pendant? Is there any 32bit controller that can make a LED blink with only controller, battery, resistor, LED? thanks very much Paul
14
14

Re: Graphical User Interface project on Spartan-3 FPGA
How about implementing a game around the GUI system, like chess or something? I implemented Tom Kerrigan's TSCP Chess on a Spartan 3 pretty easily: evetually had graphic pieces and nicer buttons) Just...
1
1

Yellow Book: "System Recovery for Dummies"
Hi, I'm designing a system using lots of COTS hardware. IME, few of these things are ever designed *thinking* about their roles in a *system*. Instead, someone throws together a set of features, wraps...
7
7

New Microchip PIC18F K90 have LCD drive and LOW power
Includes a block diagram and a selection guide. LCD direct drive of up to 192 pixels. Run current is stated as slope of 75uA/MHz. @ 1.8V. Bill Giovino Executive Editor Me:

New Microchip PIC18F K22 Family has only 20nA Sleep Current
Includes a block diagram and a selection guide. Also a nice diagram of the CTMU. Run current is stated as sloping at an outrageous 75uA/MHz. @ 1.8V. Bill Giovino Executive Editor Me:

Miniature soldering irons
I've been a long time fan of the Antex 'C' iron since I find it is just the right size for circuit board work but since the switch to lead free I've been finding it simply hasn't been getting hot...
5
5

Atmel ATmega128 - would you use it in a new design?
I have a product which has been running for 16 years, based on a Hitachi H8/323 (16k PROM, 48k external address space). This CPU is end of life though we can still buy it from Hitachi (Renesas) and...
8
8

How to save config. spec. to file from command prompt?
I added view shortcut in Rational Clearcase Explorer. Then, I mounted a VOB. I invoked command prompt. The prompt I got is: cleartool > When I invoke "Print Working Directory"(pwd), I get the...

Looking for a KN-72 maintenance manual
I have a dodgy KN-72 (as the signal level is reduced, the HSI deviation bar goes haywire *before* the Invalid flag comes into view) and while I am going to get a replacement (OH costs about $600 by...
1
1

PIC18 compiler
Hi Guru's, I have been handed a PIC18 project including a CCS compiler. I have been struggling for days now to try to work around something that seems to be a compiler bug but CCS have not been very...
13
13

AVR32 destiny or destination (Ulf Samuelsson RSVP)
Hi, Can someone (perhaps resident Atmel guru Ulf Samuelsson RSVP) arguably explain how AVR32 is posioned against competition in terms of market share and future "road map". I guess I'm asking for a...
37
37

re-entrant function in Keil-4 RVMDK
Hi friends, I am new to keil-4 RVMDK & luminary micro lm3s6965. I want to use some functions as re-entrant. In keil C51, they provide keyword "reentrant", But in RVMDK I didn't find any clue. Thanks &...
6
6

mplab linker problem - newbie problem
Hi all, I'm new to mplab and when I try to build a project that I downloaded from PICOS's page I get the following error: Error - section '_entry_scn' type is non-overlay and absolute but occurs in...

Base 10 exponent of a float
Hi folks- I think my brain is blocked and google isn't showing any solutions: Does anyone know of a way in C code to get the base 10 integer exponent of a single precision float? Thanks, John. ---...
4
4

Semaphores in DSP/BIOS
OK, this may be a stupid question but I'm going to go ahead and ask it. I seem to be missing something very basic in the use of semaphores. The SEM module in DSP/BIOS maintains a non-negative count of...
41
41