Subject Author Posted Replies

OMAP DSP starting vector
On TI OMAP-L138 DSP, there is a system register which contains "DSP reset vector" (HOST1CFG::DSP_ISTP_RST_VAL). For some reason, the lower 10 bits of this register are set to 0. Is this the address...
3
3

Low battery indicator
Hi, Last night, kept hearing a short little "tune" (1-2 seconds) throughout the night. Eventually convinced myself it was *not* part of a bizarre dream sequence. Come morning, I actively sought it...
11
11

linux booting issue
Hi, I am trying to boot linux-2.6.25 on mpc837x board using u-boot. but linux hangs with following message. Please help.. bootm 0xfc100000 * kernel: cmdline image address = 0xfc100000 ## Booting...
2
2

Anyone using TMS470 (ARM) toolset?
Hello All, I have to use a TMS470 C/C++ compiler (TMS470 == ARM). The toolset wasn't my choice. The more I use it, the more nonsense I discover and more doubts I have. Also, in theory there is TI DSP...
7
7

Monitor RS232 comms with millisecond resolution
Anyone know the quickest or easiest way of recording a serial data stream and timestamping each byte with a resolution of at least 1ms (preferably finer)? I can only find cheap or free programs with...
75
75

HVAC modeling
Hi, Years ago I made a cheap and dirty "setback" thermostat that tried to model the heating load (as a simple passive network). The goal was to be able to determine how far in advance the setpoint...
2
2

Trace32 showing access timeout processor running error message
Hi, I am working on NAND flash(TC58NVG1S3ETA00 )programming with practice script is used to access NAND flash.I tried the foolowing peice of code,while executing the same I'm getting error message...

LPC2103 problems
Hi, I'm using Rowley Crossworks 1.7 Build 4 for my Olimex LPC P2103 and I have problems when I flash the board. When I debug it, even with the release version on it, everything is fine, but when I...
4
4

openvpn memory footpring
Hi, I am trying to put openvpn into an embedded linux box. After having configured and compiled openssl and openvpn, it works fine. BUT the memory footprint ist quite large compared with the...

Embedded Systems with onboard FPGA and 802.11bg WiFi
Hi All, I'm looking for a small embedded computer on-a-board system for a final year university project on Swarm Robotics. I have Googled around the Internet for quite sometime and while I have come...
4
4

Convert assembly to C
I'm converting assembly code to C and there is a lot of branches/jumps (it is a big state machine). When rewriting the different states would you use the goto keyword or try to rewwrite all with if,...
13
13

Display protection/longevity
Hi, Probably more of a materials engineering question... Most devices (esp. handheld) with displays tend to use polycarbonate, etc. to protect the display (neglecting touch sensitive devices). Over...
13
13

Tutorial on ARM9 assembly programming
I am faced with necessity to do low level programming on ARM9 system. That is, set up all operating modes with associated stacks and banked registers, interrupts, caches and MMU. Could you advise a...
5
5

usb detection
Hello, Am a newbie in embedded designing and working on detection of usb devices and sending data mostly video to it for storage in Linux. Am using the c language. I would like to know if anyone can...
11
11

Yo Ulf S: How about a lds and a sts inst on the AVR?
A loadword and storeword instruction from sram, maybe 3 cycle and atomic operation, would really shrink a lot of AVR programs. Faster. Smaller Cheaper. Whats the chance of this happening? See thread...
4
4