16x2 LCD able to display Franch and Spanish characters

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a 16 x 2 character LCD able to display all the non- ANSI France and Spanish characters like: =F1, =F5,=F6, ...

I looked around for ISO-LATIN-1 displays but I wasn't able to find one. I wonder how Franch and Spanish displays their non-ANSI characters.

Enrico

Reply to
zigbee

Most of these displays can have up to 8 user-defined characters. That's generally enough to get the extra characters needed, at least if the text being displayed is defined in advance - that way you can go through the text and figure out which ones are actually needed.

Reply to
David Brown

These guys have a 4x20 LCD display with accented letters:

dule.de/

The text size is smaller, so their 4x20 LCD is about the same size as a 'standard' 2x16. Here's the datasheet (in German):

They also have a 2x16, but it doesn't have the same characters.

Reply to
Arlet

these are not 2x16, but serial driven 128x128 color graphic LCD's with ability to display 64 user created characters, that may be of interest.

Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com
Reply to