Subject Author Posted Replies

One USB device, Two tasks
I have only one USB device port in my development board (running Linux), no Ethernet, no UART. I would like to use the USB device port as an interface by parsing and responding to the commands from...
4
4

Sample codes for USB Composite Device Design
I would like to learn how to develop USB Composite Device, for example, to create virtual serial ports and virtual ethernet from a USB device. If you know there is any sample codes or projects that...
2
2

Flipper USB. Plug it in any which way.
Is the way USB should be. A dual set of super reliable, gold plated contacts, provides excellent connectivity for thousands of repeated connects and disconnects. Available in USB Type "A" SMT and...

Quickie Poll -- C vs. C++
So, I'm working on a spare-time project that's off the back burner for at least a day. It's a trainer, and I'd _like_ to be able to set it up so that advanced students can do their own programming....
91
91

Magnetics on both ends needed?
When I am connecting from a NIC card design PHY and to a switch design PHY or equivalent, do I need magnetics on both ends? For any point-to-point ethernet connection, don't the devices on both...
3
3

lpc2468 usb host lite
hello, I am trying to do usb host lite on lpc2468. i am using IAR compiler. i have downloaded the code from NXP website. it is stucking in Host_EnumDev function at while (!HOST_RhscIntr); host init...

Marking engines
Hi, I'm writing a barcode label printing routine. The goal here is to avoid fancy/expensive "label printers" with their high supply costs, special equipment, etc. Instead, printing on sheets of...
15
15

RTOS for ARM Cortex M1?
Does anyone know of either a free or commerical RTOS that supports ARM Cortex M1? I'm finding that some vendor's websites claiming support are inaccurate. Looking for RTOS with filesystem and drivers...
1
1

On Home Projects as a Reentry into the Job Market
I do not -- thank God -- have to reenter the job market. But I've seen a lot of posts recently that start something like: "I haven't worked in engineering since 20xx, and I'm (starting)/ (looking for)...
68
68

Hi speed input capture
Hi, Situation:i have 32 input lines from 32 different rotating devices each operating at a speed of 15,000 rpm. Each input line have an equal priority. I need to keep a track of number of revolution...
5
5

amontec jtagkey2 (30 MHz amtsvfplayer)
Hello, I had a JtagKey from Amontec and I was using it with amtsvfplayer (max 6 MHz) which is provided by Amontec. But now, I bought the new device Jtagkey2 which can work at 30 MHz and I tried to use...

Making an Embedded project for practice - Suggestions?
I had sent an earlier message about wanting to make a Renewable energy related embedded project at home so I could brush up and get ready for an Embedded job. Ever since I graduated with my MS in EE...
3
3

RE: Sr Java Developer with Swing
Greetings Please respond with Updated Resume, Contact Details, Current Location and Availability umesh@ ASAP. Job Title: Senior Java Developer with Swing Location: Parsippany, NJ. Duration: 12+ Months...
6
6

Building ATOM of MOLE of LCPE
To build the LCPE (Linux Cluster on PCI Express), I am reactivating the MOLE board (designed and shelfed earlier). LPCE is 16 to 32 MOLEs on PCIe. To build the MOLE board, I am working on the BGA...

RE: Senior Java Developer with Struts/JSP.
Greetings Please respond with Updated Resume, Contact Details, Current Location and Availability at umesh @ ASAP. Job Title: Java Developer with STRUTS/JSP Location: Princeton, NJ Start Date: ASAP...