Subject Author Posted Replies

Why UART data is getting corrupted?
I'm getting a strange issue. We have a Atmega 128 controller board that kee ps on polling 15 Atmega8 based ultrasonic sensors. They are connected in RS 422 model where all Tx pins of 15 sensors are...
6
6

How to protect signals from MCU
I need to connect some signals (around 10) coming from an MCU to another MCU/logic IC far away round 1 meter. They are on different PCBs (and different metallic cases). The connectors between the...
12
12

Collection of Byte Magazines 1983-1995
I have a collection of Byte Magazines from 1983-1995 mostly complete. Any interest before they go to the dump? Free but need to pick up. Lot of history in these!! Thanks, Best Regards, Dave PS:...
6
6

NanoPi A64 working with FA-CAM500B camera on Buildroot compiled Linux
Hi, After quite a lot of unsuccessful attempts, I have finally got working configuration for Buildroot that allows to stream image from FA-CAM500B camera connected to NanoPi A64. That should allow low...

Because life is not just a valley of tears, there are solutions;
Because life is not just a valley of tears, there are solutions; Master AWELE DAH ZEDOAGA brings you: Rituals of Love or Hatred, for wealth or bankruptcy, power or decay, life a nd why not ... death...

Scooter software bug applies brakes hard, sends hipsters airborne
Gotta love it:
1
1

Remote Debugging
I am working on a test fixture that uses an RS-232 port for control. I tra vel a lot and don't want to have to drag the test fixture around with me. Some time ago I was working with an eval board via...
24
24

Ceramic capacitor failure
I am seeing some failures of ceramic capacitors in a product I designed. Th ese are 1206 22uf 10V ceramic caps, we do not specify a manufacturer. The c aps are on the output of a 3.3V 1amp 2MHz dc to...
24
24

Serial Port Emulation
I'm working to improve a test program for the hardware I use to test some b oards I make. These boards are tested using a test fixture controlled over an RS-232 port from the PC. So I don't need to...
44
44

How to avoid a task not executed in a real-time OS?
Hi, I was asked the question in the title some time ago. I had some real-time embedded system experience but with RTOS. A watch-dog can avoid a task not called in a real-time system. But in a RTOS,...
30
30

dsPIC33CH Vs dsPIC33F divide.
The new dsPIC33CH parts have a 6 cycle divide whereas the older dsPIC33F takes 18 cycles. The number of cycles is not data dependent. So I guess more Silicon for fewer cycles, but used how? Cheers
1
1

[OT] SQLite
This hit the news yesterday: SQLite contained a remote code execution bug. According to the ZDNet article the bug has been fixed as of v3.26.0 released December 1st. If your application uses SQLite,...

snprintf return value
I usually have a static buffer and I don't want to use a dynamic buffer. char buf[BUFLEN]; I have to construct a long string, and it is quite easy to call snprintf multiple times: int n = 0; n +=...
12
12

"Device-to-smartphone" and "smartphone-to-device" technologies
Nowadays the poor embedded developer faces new challenges that go outside the limited world of C/C++ program on a resource constrained hardware. Now the hardware isn't so resource constrained...
28
28

Serial terminal (VT100) with automatic save specified data
For a test setup, I have created a small UI using the serial port connected to a VT100 capable terminal (Tera Term). I use the VT100 commands to create a "nice" (for certain values of nice) looking...
15
15