Subject Author Posted Replies

ANN: One time offer...ONEoverT Digital Filter Designer..reduced by 90% to 30 GBP
Hi, A spot of blatant advertising, and we'll not trouble you again for another few years, but we thought thatwe would give the usenet community an opportunity to benefit, as we have over the years...

NEWSGROUPS for Networking issues for xp and w7
Are there any newsgroups dedicated to issues with network problems? I have looked at the newsgroups listings but I don't find any with many messages. Thanks Joe
15
15

Project available for microcontroller hardware/firmware designer
We have a customer that is asking for a design that is not up our alley, and their engineers do not have time for. Basically it is to be a custom board using some type of micro with USB on-the-go or...

Certification in Embedded Systems
Its been 10 years since I did my MS in EE and I went off track and started doing something else thats not related to EE. This looks like a nice certification program in Embedded: "Embedded Systems...

One SBC or two?
I'd like to hear what you folks think about the following question. First, some setup. We're looking at a major upgrade of an existing product. The existing product is over a decade old and uses a...
23
23

Pricing criteria, followup (book recommendation)
Hi, In an ongoing effort to try to understand the irrationality of things like pricing, I stumbled upon: _How We Decide_ Lehrer, Jonah A fascinating read (though not focused on "pricing", per se)....
2
2

Suggestions for configuration parameter documentation "best practices"
Hi, *Everything* in this project is table driven. The tables are formalized in relational database(s). Configuration/operation parameters are just *typed* "fields" in "tables". E.g., "StartColumn"...

AVR & RFM70 based wireless guitar system - two RFM70 in parallel to increase the bandwidth?
Hi, I've just finished my RFM70 based wireless guitar system (I hope to publish it soon, but code and documentation needs some polishing - the system is designed to be very cheap - just CS5343/4 as...
5
5

Swell PEG Pro and its major competators.
We got advice from WindRiver and Micrium to use Swell PEG Pro to design high-quality GUI software with their RTOSs. We need to design a GUI for an embedded device, with a quarter VGA LCD, try to be...

Do you still use "RS232" or something else?
Hello All, although most of our (industrial) clients still use to have computers with a "real" serial port, I observe a small but increasing number struggling with bad USB adapters and asking for...
99
99

QNX GUI design, need a solution
I would like to design a GUI for an embedded device running QNX, with LCD size about a quarter of VGA. I would like the GUI includes some graphics, or maybe FLASH as well, to attract the eyeballs of...
2
2

Interface "discovery"
Hi, I have applications from different sources coexisting in the same arena. Applications store their configuration and operating parameters in application-specific "databases" (let's not argue the...
2
2

Want Review on uC/OS-II and its main competators
Does anybody have experience with uC/OS-II? Will you recommend it? What are the major Pros and Cons? Does it support Auto-IP? Does it support ZeroConf or Bonjour? Does it support ext3 or NTFS? Who are...
13
13

Problem with example of ethernet bootloader for LPC2300
Hi, all. Recently I downloaded the latest version of FlashMagic tool (version 5.74.2160) with secondary Ethernet bootloader example for LPC2300 included. The provided example of bootloader code is for...

Spontaneous erasure of AVR working as SPI slave
Hi, I'm using an ATmega32U2 uC as an SPI slave. Namely it receives the I2S data stream sent to the DA1134F DAC in the AUREL's audio link ( ) However once, when I pressed RESET button to enter the DFU...