1394b LLC IP

Hello, I'm thinking about writing a VHDL 1394b LLC IP.

Does anyone know how complicated that task is ?

I need it to communicate only with other beta nodes (no legacy nodes, so no border nodes).

Moreover I need to use isochronous transfers, so I need to implement the IRM as well.

Thanks a lot on advance for any suggestion,

Marco

Reply to
verdimarco

Very. But it'd be cool if you could get it working.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Hello, it there anyone with strong competencies in 1394b LLC desing?

In fact I should give a rough estimate of the requiref effort to design a 1394b LLC IP (IRM capable) in VHDL. At the moment I've got only a draft of the 1394b specs (that are available only after paying...and that I'm waiting to receive soon) so my knowledge is still limitated.

I need to desing 1394b nodes communicating among them (no in hybrid nets, but only among new Beta nodes), that should simplify the task. I need isochronous transfers.

Thanks a lot on advance, Marco

Reply to
Marco Verdi