Subject Author Posted Replies

Using a smartphone as a development board
Hello everybody, I work for a very small company which is attempting to launch a line of small vending machine. I'm a developer and I have the task to develop or outsource the embedded system to...
57
57

Freescale is Competing with ST for Poor Website of the Week Award
I like some things about the Freescale web site. I have found some useful overviews and it does not entirely get in the way of accessing information. But just like every semiconductor company, they...
9
9

[ANN]VTD-XML 2.10
VTD-XML 2.10 is now released in Java, C#, C and C++. It can be downloaded at release includes a number of new features and enhancement. * The core API of VTD-XML has been expanded. Users can now...

Is Bitscope for Real?
I have a BS50 loaned to me for evaluation, but I have no disk. The manual is not clear about whether a special driver is needed or if it uses standard divers from FTDI. I sent an email over 24 hours...
6
6

STMICROELECTRONICS
STILL NO REPLY AFTER OUR VOLUMINOUS EMAILS TO THEM.
12
12

Atmel AVR Studio 5 Released!
Atmel has released AVR Studio 5. Completely free with no code size limits. C/C++ Compiler, Linker, Debugger, Simulator & etc. Lots of cool new features. Supports tinyAVR, megaAVR, AVR, XMEGA, and AVR...

USB (Peripheral) with throughput ~ 40 MBy/s + CAN
One way might be Cypress FX2LP (pushing it) - had experience and the processor does not get in the way of the USB bulk transfers. But limited peripherals (I2C CAN controller is a bit mucky). I do not...

STMICROELECTRONICS YET AGAIN AND THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE, UNTENABLE AND HARD TO BELIEVE.
My friend emailed STM a kind but direct letter elucidating just a few of their website's problems. This letter went to TWENTY ONE PEOPLE! That is correct - 21 ! and it was sent last Friday. As of...
20
20

Best ebook reader for PDF datasheets
Hi, Subject says it all: What ebook reader do people consider the best for reading PDF data sheets ? I see most, if not all ebook readers claim to support PDF, but how well for reading the diagrams...
14
14

8051 suggestion
Hi Folks I am looking at developing a new application, that I hope I can do using an 8051 derivative. Two main requirements that I have are that it be pretty damn fast (50-100MHz) and have I2C. Also...
19
19

VxWorks tNetTasks
Ladies and/or Gentlemen: I submitted the following questions to Wind River and have not received a response (and I do not expect to). Maybe you know the answers to these questions given below? I would...
1
1

baud rate calculation
I am having a problem calculating the baud rate of 9600 bauds for ARM7 (LPC2148) at 12MHZ crystal. I have figured out a value of : U1DLM=0x00; U1DLL=0x62; following is my UART1 initialization code:...
1
1

Good MCU for video play back
I am wondering which of MCU would work to best for video play back on two screens. I already have basic experience with PIC, AVR, and ARM MCUs; however, I have never used LCDs with them so I don't...
3
3

www.CrowdCoded.com
I=92d like to recommend a new tool for Software/Hardware & IT professionals. CrowdCoded allows all development cycle professionals (Developers ,Product/Project Managers, QA, Designers, Architects etc...

Embedded Bluetooth - Serial module?
Hi, Any suggestions for a SMT/pcb mount module for a bluetooth-serial adapter? It's to act as a "slave" device, ideally operating a RS485 tranceiver. I.e. PC -> bluetooth -> Module -> RS485 There seem...
10
10