Subject Author Posted Replies

ARC Processor vs. well, anything else
My holy grail has always been a simple CPU combined with an smallish FPGA. There are a few out there, very few, but none of them are available in app ropriate packages and inexpensive. I've found a...
3
3

workaround for encrypted device tree in Nvidia Jetson Nano
Hi, I had to develop a system based on Nvidia Jetson Nano board, which required compilation of my own drivers and modification of original device tree. Unfortunately, it appeared that the original...

4G embedded router
I have a device with an Ethernet connection that the user usually connects to ADSL router. I'd like to offert a 4G connectivity too. I could replace the Ethernet adapter board with a 4G adapter board,...
8
8

Multidrop bus on Windows
I often work on embedded firmware for MCUs connected by a multidrop master/slave RS485 bus. Moreover I try to compile the same code with mingw compiler, simulating the hw. Of course, I simulate the...
39
39

[Fully Funded Scholarship] Research Assistantship (Spring, 2020) at the Graduate School, School of Software, Hallym University, Korea
Research Assistantship (Spring, 2020) at the Graduate School, School of Sof tware, Hallym University, Korea The and of the Hallym University seek to recruit promising PhD and MSc or MSc-PhD research...

A free version of Labview
Release date is... November or early next year. But the LINX toolkit in interesting for the Raspberry PI Cheers
8
8

Low form-factor Raspberry Pi alternates
Hi, I am currently experimenting with Pi Zero W, which is a Raspberry Pi board with minimal configuration and has a very small form factor and has wifi. Raspberry Pi is a good generic board. But for...
4
4

High packet rate ethernet with LwIP
For transportation of several high speed serial ports, we want to use a serial over ethernet approach. At a minimum I need to transfer four ports with 512 byte packets that come in every 40 ms at 2...
30
30

IBM's PPC being open sourced .. what does this mean for embedded devices ?
HI all, I know is this kind-of old news by now, but -as far as I see- this has not been discussed here: IBM is open-sourcing their PowerPC processor design. (E.g. see here and other links:) As PowerPC...
8
8

Embedded Intel Optane?
I was asking about Optane memory in another group and it occurred to me tha t while it is to expensive to make a SSD from, is it affordable to use at s maller scale? It is supposed to be cheaper, but...
1
1

intel 386 et al
Anyone know of a good handbook describing the machine code of Intel's 386's? A page describing each instruction along with some text about the various sequences caused by interupts and descriptions of...
13
13

RISC-V Picking Up Steam
RISC-V is appearing in low cost MCUs and on low cost START boards. Just not documented in English. $11 simple board... $50 Full featured Eval board...
11
11

No dynamic memory at all: newlib and sprintf
I'd like to avoid using dynamic memory (heap) at all. I'm using gcc for ARM and newlib (really I'm using NXP MCUXpresso IDE, but I don't think this is important). When the code is minimal, I noticed...
11
11

What is TI PRU-ICSS processor core?
TI's web page is here, but doesn't explain origin of instruction set? Anybody here have experience with these parts, or know where they're used? Thanks, Best Regards, Dave
6
6

Input-driven vs event-driven state machines in embedded software
There is a lot of confusion about state machines in embedded software. Some example of this is the recent discussion in this forum: "FSM - Mealy vs Mo ore". It seems to me that the real question to...
5
5