12f675 transmission range

Hello - totally knew to this kind of work (15 year veteran C++ programmer
electronics tech).   What is the approx. transmission range of this IC with
the D0420 RX chip?   5 feet?   20 feet?  50 feet?  Does anyone know the
approx. physical data range?

Thank you
Walt

Re: 12f675 transmission range
The following is from tests I performed with the Microchip rfPIC12F675 /
rfRXD0420 system:

Distance Measurements for RF Transmitter/Receiver Sets

  1.. Using the 315MHz transmitter and receiver modules, the maximum,
line-of-sight distance of separation for a valid response was measured at
190 Feet.
  2.. Using the 433.92MHz transmitter and receiver modules, the maximum,
line-of-sight distance of separation for a valid response was measured at
490 Feet.
Notes:  The approximate height of transmitter and receiver modules was 2
1/2' from the ground.
            This was using new batteries.

I hope this helps.

Dave

Re: 12f675 transmission range
Thank you so much for the reply - exactly what I wanted to see.
Line of sight only - I assume then, that 50' (maximum for my purposes) with
minor obstructions would work really well.

programmer

Re: 12f675 transmission range
While I didn't document exact measurements made inside a building (an
office/cubicle environment with partition obstructions), I did do some tests
successfully.

I observed good results up to about 100' with the 433.92MHz set in going
through several (> 4) layers of office partition.

Dave