Subject Author Posted Replies

Tablet/phone cameras
Hi, I currently have a kiosk application that I would like to port to a wireless, *portable* implementation. So, small tablets or (ack!) smart-phones (with the phone functionality permanently and...
15
15

OT: "Puzzle" solving
Hi, I do a lot of puzzles for "recreation". A friend moving out of town last week gave me a copy of "Black Belt Sudoku" (I guess the name is intended to suggest that these would be good puzzles to...
18
18

CodeSourcery is now a part of Mentor Embedded
That was the title of the email that turned up in my mailbox this morning. I must have missed the news of the initial acquisition. "Our customers stand to benefit the most from this move as both...
3
3

Software Reuse In Embedded code
What percentage would you say your current project consists of software reuseable items? By software reusable items I mean something that you acquired (purchased, freeware, shareware, licensed etc)...
96
96

Brightest Bang for the Buck White HI LED
Curently using the Luxeon Rebel ES - LXML-PWN2 Making a bicycle light w/ a driver made up of discrete parts. Any opinions on what the brightest white LEDs are for the lowest price? Thanks Tom
1
1

hai see me

"write()" semantics
Hi, [I have nothing at all like a POSIX API! :> ] My "write()" semantics essentially say, "Once invoked, you forfeit the contents of 'buffer[]' -- even in asynchronous mode." This makes it a lot...
37
37

Marvell switch 88E6171R - initialization problem
Hi, all. Hope I am in a right place with my question. I have a LPC2368-based custom board with Marvell switch 88E6171R installed. My problem is related to management of the switch device via MDC/MDIO...
2
2

gcc tool chain/dissasembly question
Hi guys, I'm new to arm and am having problems to recognize the ouput of objdump. I'm compiling for cortex-m0, and the following is an excerpt of my vector table: 0: 10002000 andne r2, r0, r0 4:...
3
3

OT: Grrrr... Frigging Fyzics!
Hi, Just an end-of-the day rant to amuse folks who delight in other peoples' folly... ;-) I'm installing a new ceiling in the kitchen. Probably the *single* "design criteria" that applies to ceilings...
57
57

Test Driven Design
Ahhhh. I've gotten past the "damn this is hard to get going" stage, and now I'm into the "oh this is much easier than if I had done it the bad old way". Unfortunately, its all with pretend hardware --...
3
3

reset code and ENTRY in linker script
Hi, Why do we specify in linker scripts the entry point using ENTRY(symbol) whe= n for example the ARM architecture always starts its reset code at address = 0x0000000? I have a snippet of a linker...
2
2

Boring: wire!
Hi, Sheesh, I can't believe I've never had to deal with this before! Nor do I know where to *begin*! How does one evaluate "wire" (cable?) for durability? E.g., how do you evaluate the...
17
17

18 bit LVDS panel to 24 bit LVDS card adapter
Hello, First of all I'm new into the embedded world and to LVDS standard. I have an LVDS display and a VIA EPIA NL5000EG board and would like to know if the two are compatible. I know I will need the...
2
2

Telephone modules - IP telephone, ISDN, PBX
We are looking for ready-made telephone modules that can connect to an ISDN or IP-telephone PBX. They should have some sort of control interface (typically UART) for dialing, hang-up, ring, etc., and...
1
1