12.288 MHZ synthesis

Hi Group

I am designing a frequency synthesizer that produces a 12.288 MHz clock from a 8 kHz input clock.

I was thinking about using a 74HC4046A VCO/PLL in combination with at

74HC4059 divider, but I'm not too happy about it. For one thing I only have a 3V power supply, and the 4046A requires 3.0V to function. Another thing is that at 3.0 V, the 12.288 MHz is rather close to the upper frequency limit.

Have any of you guys a better suggestion?

Best regards Kresten

Reply to
Kresten Nørgaard

from

have

is

limit.

Since you didn't include any of the requirements other than input and output center f, I'll throw out a suggestion: use a 12.288MHz VCXO that runs at 3V. Of course, you only get maybe +-100ppm pull range, but you didn't specify it so...

good luck, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Kresten Nørgaard schrieb in Nachricht ...

from

is

Why not use a pll clock synthesizer IC? For example Maxim and others build them. Ways simpler and smaller too!

regards - Henry

PS: I'm locking for a job as electronics designer. See my vitae in a few days on my homepage...

Reply to
Henry Kiefer