Subject Author Posted Replies

Layering audio annunciators
Hi, Imagine some number of -- potentially concurrent -- audio annunciators. They are characterized as being of short, fixed duration (O(seconds)) but may be complex in nature (e.g., a police siren is...
19
19

Synchronizing "pushed" multicasts
Hi, I'm "fine-toothing" the error handling routines on my network audio clients (and thinking ahead to the similar issues for the video clients which follow). Normally, I design protocols to *pull*...
36
36

Adult SPAM -- good for what?
good for nothing

Enclosures, paint and heat dissipation.
A post in the TrimSlice forum [a] regarding the operating temperature of the device mentions that the "really nice nickel plated case" has an emissivity of about .03, while black epoxy paint has an...
64
64

Apology: Unix, 2.11BSD Thread
I felt I could save a lot of trouble and shorten this thread a little. I do apologize for upsetting users in and perhaps my main mistake, was to cross-post there. I have launched, hosted, sponsored,...
40
40

Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD
Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD now has: pForth compiler Xitami webserver Thread at: Cheers Don... New MMBasic Computer ================= -- Don McKenzie Dontronics Site Map: Contact Page:...
16
16

Insert version information into a boot stream
There is a system with ADI BlackFin DSP which boots up from SPI flash. The flash contains the standard ADI boot stream. I would like to insert hw/sw version number, build number, release date and some...
13
13

Another SBC - Beagle Board
I'm evaluating the Beagle Board for a small application. Any comments on software tools and build environments are welcome. My project involves interfacing to a small display and a keypad (between 6...
2
2

Running TRS-80 code on the Maximite Computer
TRS-80 Model I, level II on a PIC32? see: for the thread: Cheers Don... New MMBasic Computer =============================== -- Don McKenzie Dontronics Site Map: Contact Page: Camera Page: More Damn...

"one-time" audio digitizing
Hi, [Subject line is intended to differentiate this from, e.g., digitizing audio in a *product* as part of normal operation] I need to get some audio samples into a digital form where they can be...
50
50

regarding IAP
hi, i am new to arm7 processor want to write to the flash memories .can anybody send API for accessing these sectors regards santhosh babu el --------------------------------------- Posted through
1
1

Maximite Compatible. The World’s First Ar duino Computer.
Maximite Compatible. The World?s First Arduino Computer. Full Story: Cheers Don... ============================= -- Don McKenzie Dontronics Site Map: Contact Page: Camera Page: More Damn Spam: New...
19
19

Doubts about PCI bus mastering
Hi, i am implementing a PCI card using a FPGA. I am performing my tests on an old Pentium III computer that is basically fully based on the PCI bus. The OS is Linux. It is all working fine incluiding...
2
2

Intercom
Sorry for such a simple question, but the "experts" on say you all probably have the answers I need. Here's the scene: I've got four people in the vehicle, each one wearing a sound-deadening headset...
29
29

Doorbell "button"
Hi, It occurred to me (while I was composing this) that the term "doorbell" is overloaded! We think of a doorbell as meaning: - the annunciator that announces a presence at the door - the button that...
29
29