Subject Author Posted Replies

Small volume microvia PCBs
Laser drilled Microvia fab is widely available from volume PCB houses. But does anyone have a prototype recommendation for a microvia PCB?
6
6

PIC with wifi module
I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this...
6
6

Serial port throughput
I am pumping data from PIC24/Max3232 to PC at 115000 baud. It works in burst of 4K blocks. However, after 10K to 30K of data, the transmitter shutdown momentally. The serial link is still up. I can...
54
54

arm + gcc + newlib + crt0
At my work we have been using ARM based gcc compilers for a long time. All = of the ones we have used in the past included a crt0 which we branched to (= _mainCRTStartup) to initialize the stack,...
1
1

Slightly Off-Topic, Printed Circuits
I've been away from the actual printed circuit board design and fab for quite awhile and I'm trying to get a small board done. I have a couple of questions. Is there a standard naming convention for...
10
10

uK Embedded Masterclass - 5th October
Just to let you know about the Embedded Masterclass - Cambridge 5th Oct Useful workshops, technical presentations and exhibition of tools, hardware and software. regards Richard
1
1

Qualifying (quantifying!) network switches
Hi, Given a switch having dubious documentation ("This is the power plug. These are the network connection points. *Fini*"), what sorts of techniques might be fruitful in empirically deriving the...
2
2

STMicroelectronics STM32 F4 is the Fastest Cortex M4 - See specs
Core runs at 168MHz, but can get zero wait states out of 30MHz Flash with a 128-bit Program Memory interface. Includes detailed specs. Article shows a nice block diagram. Bill Giovino
1
1

RFM70_Receiving error
Hi am presently working on RFM70 2.4GHz transceiver module. I am facing a problem with this module, while receiving data it displaying some garbage. Can anyone suggest how to overcome this problem...
3
3

Microchip Pic32 exception: ???
Hi. I'm trying to understand the Pic32 (a decade of familiarity with Pic16 and Pic18). I got myself an Ethernet Starter Kit. The demos run, and I have been able to edit them. So I tried to get two...
10
10

RTS/CTS flow control
I have to work with a third party device which requires RTS/CTS flow control over RS-232. Is there any official recommendation or standard which specifies how this control should be implemented?...
19
19

Modification of Linux driver atmel_serial.c to use it in synchronous mode with external clock?
Hi, I need to use the USART in AT91SAM9260 working under Linux OS (quite old 2.6.29.3 version, due to compatibility with some parts of the system) to communicate with peripheral sending data in...
1
1

Distributed I/O nodes on CAN/485 for home networking
Hi, I am looking for a cheap, low power micro board that has some i/o (mostly digital) and a communication bus suitable for a small home automation project. I am thinking of using CAN or 485. I...
6
6

ARM core, PWM, USB
Any time someone posts something like this I think "oh yea, go hit the web sites, you lazy @#%$". But this time it's different. Because this time it's me. (Damn I'm glad that I'm not self-centered....
10
10

Device driver template?
Hi, Does anyone have a good reference to device drivers? Linux device drivers seem to be well documented although I haven't used them myself. So I wonder if a similar framework exists for peripherals...
6
6