Subject Author Posted Replies

Where Can I Buy A Cheap MIPS Embedded Development Board
I have recently gotten interested in this subject and I have a nice ARM board I have been playing with. Just curious if anyone knows of MIPS embedded boards I can purchase to use to delve deeper into...
16
16

Telemetry suggestions
I want to put a remote weather station in Central Texas. There is no 3G there. It would be good to reduce components - using an Android phone as the only programmable part of the system, with a USB...
27
27

Business Intelligence 2011 (November 12th,Delhi)
Hi, I got to know of an exciting event happening in Delhi on November 12th I guess it will add a great value to all the BI professionals, analysts and business decision makers coming together to build...

*Basic* (go/no-go) network switch testing
Hi, End-of-year, sort-through-cruft time. (Fun -- NOT!) I have several network switches that I need to decide to keep or toss. An obvious criteria for doing so is broken ports! I was going to just set...
3
3

debugging pointers required
Hi, I am using a spartan 3 xc3s4000 FPGA in my custom design which is interfaced with national gigabit PHYs DP83865dvh. It is actually an Ethernet mac and the design is like this: PHY A FPGA PHY B The...

dsPIC problem
Hello I have an odd problem with some dsPIC code. I'm using MPLAB and a dsPIC Starter Kit 1. I have some C code calling an assembler routine - in fact the Microchip FFT stuff. It doesn't work and...
12
12

Monolithic DC/DC converters
Hi everyone, I have a question for people who use Monolithic DC/DC converters. Do you think the advantages over discrete DC/DC converters are real? Is efficiency comparable? What about EMI? I'm trying...
20
20

ld script: named section for const part of .data?
Hi, I have an ld script for a statically linked application. The section for initialized data is specified as: .data : { __DATA_START = .; (.data) __DATA_END = .; } > ram AT > flash Which creates the...
1
1

The Rabbits
Are the Rabbits (Rabbit 2000 / 3000 / 3000A / 4000 / 5000 / 6000) still common in embedded systems? Do you happen to know if they tend to be chosen for new projects? If yes, which of the Rabbits are...
14
14

Steve Jobs passed away.
sad to hear. one of the few real pioneers to the modern industry. RIP Steve. Don... -- Don McKenzie Dontronics Site Map: Contact Page: Camera Page: More Damn Spam: New MMBasic Computer
102
102

Shadow placements
Hi, It *seems* that the preferred placements of "shadows" (e.g., suggestive of 3D effects) is to the SE (i.e., as if illuminated from the NW). Does anyone have any research as to the basis for this?...
12
12

[OT] Sound in Java
Rather than putting together $10 worth of pieces from my junkbox to make an exercise timer for my wife, I'm thinking of writing a Java app to do it. There seems to be a lot of flexibility in how to...
13
13

current control algorithm
Hi There, I have two strings of 5 LEDs and a I need to control them with a pwm to reach a certain intensity (I can measure the current). Now due to lack of time , I didn't go with a PI controller...
19
19

Small volume microvia PCBs
Laser drilled Microvia fab is widely available from volume PCB houses. But does anyone have a prototype recommendation for a microvia PCB?
6
6

PIC with wifi module
I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this...
6
6