Subject Author Posted Replies

SiLab F340 Flash erase at address FA00 -> FERROR
I have a simple routine which erases several pages of flash. It starts at 0xF400 and works up, Fine for F400, F600, F800, but resets (FERROR) for FA00. As I understand it that should be the last page...
2
2

3"-4" hi-res dot matrix LCD display ?
Hi, Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced hi-res (min 160x160 pixel) dot matrix LCD display ? I need it to be around 3"-4" square and ideally paper white too, though that's optional. Thanks...
5
5

8051 with both USB and CAN interfaces ?
Hi, I know SciLabs makes 8051s that have USB interfaces and (different) 8051s that have CAN interfaces, but does anyone know of a manufacturer who has an 8051 with CAN and USB on chip ? Thanks, Boo
27
27

I/O latency for systems not using a RTOS
I've been implementing custom devices for stage music use for several years, using small SBCs that run a basic RTOS that I code up myself. The input and output is MIDI, coded music tokens (not...
12
12

FTDI, function FT_Write returning FT_INVALID_HANDLE
After hours of failed attempts i ask your help once more I'm writin a simple GUI interface ,working under Windows XP, to communicate with some existing boards mounting FTDI FT232RQ. At first i used...
1
1

USB ID-pin missing -.no host in the system?
I'm relatively new with embedded systems and electronics so I might be trying something above my skill level: I have a Nokia N95 cellphone and an ARM mini-STM32 eval board with mini-USB-socket. The...
6
6

H8SX/1721 MCU - reading/writing eeprom
Hello, I have couple of those MCU's that I would like to read and program... Is there any cheap programmer that handle those ? Jtag maybe and some application that can read/write eeprom on this mcu ?...
1
1

OT: dealextreme.com dying or what?
I used to buy small stuff from them and they worked just fine last few years. Lately I had two small orders delayed for may be a month before shipping although I had been careful to pick only things...
5
5

Updates
It's a well known problem when the old proven code quits working properly after recent upgrade of a tool chain. For a project of more then few hundred lines, it is not feasible to re-test each and...
25
25

functionality of CCD87 Front Illuminated
Hi everyone, I've been chasing this for a while but haven't found much (this is the only reference so far If anyone has any information about this component (a CCD from e2v technologies which...
2
2

Cortex A9 performance counters
I have a specific question: Cortex A9 can count different types of events with Performance Monitoring Unit. What's exactly difference between Integer Clock Enabled and Data Engine Clock Enabled types...

Silabs C8051F412 --> Programming error after setting clock to 49MHz
Hello, after programming the clock of the chip C8051F412 to 49MHz I get the error message "Target fail to response"! So I'm not longer able to programm the chip. The programmer works well (I have it...
3
3

Slightly off-topic, making thermocouples
I was working on a terrarium heating system last night and I needed a custom length K thermocouple. I had some TC wire, paired and jacketed, about 26 gauge. I stripped the insulation back about 1/2",...
2
2

galvanic isolation of sensors
Hi all, So, I want to put 10 pH/ORP probes onto a microcontroller, with each probe being galvanically isolated from its peers so that the measurements of different probes aren't interfering with each...
25
25

FreeRTOS on PSoC 5
Hi, I just downloaded, compiled and loaded FreeRTOS onto my Cypress PSoC 5 chip. It seems to be pretty straight forward. Does anyone have any experience using FReeRTOS on PSoC 5 or any other RTOSes...