Subject Author Posted Replies

Use of TRST on ST vs. Luminary ARM JTAG?
I'm using an ST ARM Cortex part for the first time. I've been using Luminary parts until now. I notice that on the Olimex demo board for the STM32F103RBT6, they have the JTAG TRST pin connected, but...
6
6

Bluetooth advices (for medical device)
Hello, I'm planning to use Bluetooth in a medical device I'm developing. The device is already based on a MCU (STM32) and is powered by mains. The device will provide only the File Transfer profile...

What's wrong with www.8052.com?
Hello, I can't connect to at the moment, I get empty pages as a response, regardless of the webbrowser I try. Does anyone know what's wrong or going on? Thanks! Matthias
7
7

EZ-ICE and software loading
Dear all, I found an interesting 'Engineer to Engineer Note' on AD ( 6ee_34.pdf) on the booting process when the ez-ice is connected to the target device. I was wondering if there is a similar note on...

13th international CAN Conference at Hambach Castle, Germany
On March 5 and 6, 2012 the 13th international CAN Conference (iCC) will take place at the Hambach castle in Neustadt an der Weinstraße (Germany). Also on March 5, 2012 the CAN in Automation (CiA)...

microphones with very low current consumption
Dear, I'm looking for ideas about microphones with very low current consumption (say, less than few uA) and low cost(say less than $1). Electret microphone elements typically include a JFET as an...
16
16

initializing memory before/after main()
Dear all, I am using an Analog Devices DSP from the old days (ADSP21020) and the g21k toolset (even though the VisualDSP would do exactly the same in this respect). When using the runtime header, the...
9
9

Doubts about LPC1758 USB Host usage
Hi, i need to implement a system that will save some log information on a USB flash. I will be using a LPC1758 with the USB port acting as a HOST only. Looking at the user manual, at the example...
10
10

Free MCU kits!
Paul Curtis, of Rowley Associates, is getting rid of a lot of hardware, and asked me to help him. Items are 100% pristine, and most have never been turned on. Atmel - AVR ICE200 Atmel - AVR32 EVK1100...
1
1

32-bit MCU-family inquiry
Hi everyone! This is my first post here :) I'm interested in making a platform which has an 32-bit MCU as the central component. This platform is supposed to be configurable, i.e. do things that an...
24
24

RCHW for powerpc MPC5566
Hello Community, I am new to PowerPC and I have the Freescale MPC5566EVB with me for experimenting with MPC5566. I am using CodeWarrior with PENexus Micro debugger. My aim is to develop a code for...
1
1

ARM (or other 32 bit) MCUs in PDIP ?
Are there any mainstream 32 bit MCUs other than the MIPS based PIC32MX available in PDIP ? I'm especially interested in ARM architecture MCUs, but any 32 bit architectures are of interest; they don't...
54
54

MCUs with USB device in PDIP and a open source toolchain ?
I'm trying to find out what MCUs have a USB device capability and are available in PDIP with a open source toolchain. Up until now, I've either used various serial interfaces on AVRs, or preassembled...
23
23

g21k, runtime header and architecture file (ADSP21xxx)
Hi all, I now think I don't understand how the C Tools from ADI work and I thought if I write down my understandings maybe somebody can pin point where is my simple model wrong (quoted test below is...
4
4

Any experience with Rhapsody in embedded systems ?
I have been using Rhapsody on ARM9 processors. There where no (hard) real-time requirements so far. But this will change now. The processing power and available memory may not be the problem. Coming...
4
4