Subject Author Posted Replies

Embedded SDIO 3.0 shared bus
Based on SDIO spec v3.0 I have some doubts. a. SDIO 2.0 can support 7 function in one card. And these 7 functions all share 1 CLK , 1 CMD and 4 DAT lines ,right? b. SDIO 3.0 have a new feature that is...

ARM GDB debugging.
i'm a newbie in Embedded world. I need some clarification about the arm gdb debugging. 1. Is there any options to debug the board through serial port ? how? 2. All search results about the arm...
13
13

Memory addressing
Can anyone answer my question, please? In my Linux embeded device I have 4 SDRAM modules.( Each module is of 16 bit data bus. There are 13 bit address bus + B0 and B1(bank select bits) and CS( chip...
3
3

specifying a memory location for global variable
Hi everyone, is there a way to specify either in assembler or C where a global variable should be located in the memory? (it's an ADSP21020). The reason for this is that, in the system I'm using, the...
7
7

Error message on Debian startup
Hi, Got the following error message on Debian startup on an embedded system: INIT: Id "TO" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel then the system...
1
1

UDP on Blackfin using Fusion-Unicoi Network stack
Has anyone here had success creating a UDP client on Blackfin BF533 using the Fusion/Unicoi network stack? I'm having some issues that no matter what I attempt seem to give me the same error:...
1
1

Tiny AVR
We need a small chip with absolutely lowest power, so for the attiny4: Top of the spec stated 200uA at 1MHz, but nothing about 125KHz. Bottom of the spec has some chart of around 30uA at 125KHz. Can...
34
34

Adding my own L3 protocol in embedded Linux system with add_dev_pack
Hi, I'm working on high speed data transmission protocol aimed to receive data from low resource FPGA connected to the Ethernet PHY. The protocol is supposed to work on embedded Linux PC with high...
1
1

Cryptography: serial-link validation
I'm not even sure of the correct term to use. I want to build some security into a product that uses a pair of controllers communicating by RS-232. I'd like the "slave" controller to require the...
16
16

Strange EEPROM related issue
Hi,=20 We have a fully functional system but saw twice so far (in 100+ samples) th= at the values in the EEPROM sometimes seem to be messed up. We suspect that= this is happening after powering on &...
5
5

World's Raspberry Pi supply jammed in factory blunder
World's Raspberry Pi supply jammed in factory blunder Raspberry Pi shipping is delayed Raspberry Pi delayed by "manufacturing hiccup" Cheers Don... ============================
22
22

OLinuXino, a serious Rasberry Pi competitor?
OLinuXino, a serious Rasberry Pi competitor? After talks at the recent Embedded conference in Germany (2012), Olimex decided to go ahead with the production of two new boards that were very similar to...
110
110

About open source
Hi I have always feels that , the open source software more unstable. Especially when I use Linux, there are always many problems, and most of them are hard to solve. Such as eclipse for linux, I have...
9
9

write to memory mapped registers
Hi everyone, I'm having a subtle problem with the compiler g21k on an ADSP21020. When I want to write to a specific memory-mapped register the tool addresses the *address+1* instead. I have the...
7
7

OpenRD client development box for sale in the UK
Nice boxed development board including 1.2GHz Marvell ARM CPU. Can run debian, fedora, ... more details used, like new, with original box and accessories. =A3140 (RRP was =A3200 IIRC), I can ship if...