Subject Author Posted Replies

NAND flash package economics
I suspect the answer to this one is 'stop asking stupid questions', but here goes anyway... When a top-of-the-line flash chip comes out, does anyone happen to know what the economics dictate the...
4
4

Table-based CRC Question
Hi All, I am having some trouble figuring out how table-based CRC works, and hope that someone can point out where I am going wrong. Lets start by defining a few things: Message: 1101011011...
5
5

PIC24 Host
Hey everyone. I am a final year engineering student and my project is to capture data from a USB Blood Sugar Meter(It is a Mass storage device) through a PIC microcontroller acting as a USB host. Now...
7
7

flashing with mspdebug and launchpad MSP430-2553
I have a $4 TI Launchpad with a MSP430 processor. The 2553 is a little bit too new for mspdebug however. (It has a Forth flashed into it. See Anyway I discovered that I could not use mspdebug to...

Raspberry Pi update from RS Components!
Welcome to the latest Raspberry Pi update from RS Components! Much has been happening behind the scenes since you received our last update, not least the start of compliance testing on the Raspberry...
21
21

Linux Serial How-To (For a guy with an Embedded mindset)
I hate writing code for desktops, at least anything that's easy on an embedded system but requires one to wade through all sorts of OS glop to get it to work on the thingie with the screen and...
30
30

Choosing a processor for a run-time image-processing based navigation system
Hi. I am currently working on an image processing application at my place of work. The overview is: We are working on an AGV (automated guided vehicle) for warehousing application. For navigation...
29
29

Any Good USENET Newsgroups or Web-Based Forums for ARM?
Hi, I'm using the TI Stellaris (ARM-based) for the first time. Are there any good ARM USENET newsgroups or web-based forums? Thanks, Dave Ashley
9
9

Interfacing SJA1000 CAN controller to embedded PC
I have a project coming up which will involve 5 - 10 CAN nodes, implemented in ARM9 microcontrollers. The CAN bus will run a 1Mbit, using 11 bit identifiers. About half the nodes will be in the same...
12
12

PIC18C,C18 compiler restart after deep sleep just lke reset
Hi from Diego please someone could explain me the correct way to do this? In a Low level interrupt i go in Deep Sleep Mode,just after having set for wake up from an event(EXt Int).The datasheet says...

Foundation Fieldbus Microcontrollers
Hi Everybody, I am trying to build a positioner with Foundation Fieldbus support. The system architecture would consist of: a. Analog In (4 - 20 mA for position set-point input in manual mode). b....
2
2

CRC calculation question
Hi all, I am trying to understand the CRC division arithmetic. While I am able to grasp the modulo2 division and the shifting and exoring etc. I still dont understand why we append the message stream...
1
1

High end vs low end platforms
This is a serious enquiry, sorry if it comes across as a bit of a rant. I?ve done two projects over the last 6 months, both with a similar target end result, a real time device for processing MIDI...
5
5

India Software Developer Conference: Learn from the Experts at Top Tech Companies (March 24 & 25, 2012 Bangalore)
Hi, I got to know of an exciting event happening in Bangalore on March 24th & 25th India Software Developer Conference 2012 which is an enterprise software developer conference designed for...

How to develope uCGUI using STM32F103VCT ?
Friends, Do you know how to develope ( customize ) uCGUI in STM32 ? What tools do I need ? Keil ? Visual C ? I want to develope GUI in uCOS but I don't know what the IDE is ? Thanks...