100 Ampro i386sx PC104 Single Board Computers With I/O boards. $60 For the SBC - I/O Combo.

Hi,

I have 100 of the pc104 i386 pc104 sbc's. You have probably seen them on here before. I was asking way to much. Please feel free to make an offer. I am looking to sell all in one shot. I now have documentation and drivers.

thanks, Bob

Reply to
Tough Guy

All for 60$ ?

Reply to
::WiReFree::

No $60 for each sbc - i/o board combo.

Reply to
Tough Guy

To be honest, I think $60 is still pretty high considering this is 10 year old technology. But I will wait for your specs before making a decision. The power on the CPU card seems to be fairly low. This may be an advantage over more modern cards that run faster and do more but draw a lot more current.

Keep in mind that I can buy a new board that is faster and has a lot more functionality for just over $100. It also comes with a 1 year warranty.

Reply to
rickman

My email seems to be down *again*. So you will need to reply to my Yahoo account redsp at etc.

I am in the market for web hosting again. Anyone know of a good, cheap provider for a high bandwidth site? I host

and it uses

200 to 300 GB a month currently and may go up from there. My current account has 3 GB storage and 15 domain names with "unlimited" bandwidth. Please don't bother telling me that bandwidth is never "unlimited" as I am aware of that.
Reply to
rickman

I cautiously endorse the provider I'm using right now - vervehosting.com. I've tried several "budget" providers, and they all had serious reliability issues - 40% uptime in one case. Verve seems to strike a pretty good balance between availability/bandwidth/price. The main gripe I have with them is that my email addresss oscillate in and out of the spamcop blacklist.

(There are a few companies - Xilinx and Freescale appear to be on this list - that I simply can't email from my normal addresses, which is why I use my gmail account. I'm not sure if it's content in my signature or other filtering, but anyway, there's some really aggressive spam-filtering going on).

Reply to
larwe

Thanks for the recomendation. I don't think they will do. The highest plan they list is only 20 GB a month and that is only 10% of what this site currently uses.

I have spent some time today looking and I found one provider that started up about three years ago with free accounts, 1and1.com. A friend of mine has a site with them and says it works ok. Their prices are very reasonable and although the transfer limit is not super high, it is enough for now.

I used to use Google ads to help pay for the traffic, but I was clicking the ads to see who the advertiser were and am now banned for life! Google has a good idea, but it has some flaws. For a site host it is hard to know how to get the right ads to match the site. Google says they will take care of it, but until I started optimizing my site, I got more ads for ARM mortgages than I did for anything technical.

As long as I keep the hosting inexpensive, I don't mind paying the fees. But if I have to start paying a lot extra for bandwidth, I will let Pablo support the full burden at his site.

Reply to
rickman

I use bluehost. They are inexpensive and you get what you see. Decent customer support for around $6-7 / month and few 100s MB of traffic. Can host up to 6 sites on one account. I am happy with the site response and account-to-account security.

Had Startlogic before and it seemed to me that their customer support was a bot or very uninformed person. I wrote a file browser PHP script and was able to get to other accounts on the same machine and read passwords to their databases. They seem like a good deal, but *stay away*.

HTH

--
Roman Ziak
DIPmicro Electronics

Of course that had to be few 100s of GB of traffic, currently 750G. Since I started with them half a year ago, they tripled storage and doubled bandwidth.

One thing they will not tell you - limit 50 outbound emails per hour. They can increase upon request, you only have to provide them with the legitimate need for more outgoing emails.

--
Roman Ziak
DIPmicro Electronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Roman

Hey, I was paying close attention where you said "don't tell me there is no such thing as unlimited... :)". Verve will deliver all the bandwidth you want... they'll just charge you for it. My websites combined are about 170GB on a bad month.

I experimented with a few sites that didn't charge anything for transfers, but it was a case of whack-a-mole with uptime, stuff moving around, nonexistent support...

I have a colleague two streets away with a few static IPs to spare, who has offered me the chance to have a colocated box in his server farm - I keep meaning to take him up on it, but I simply don't have time to set the box up.

It's my policy not to carry third-party advertising. I participate in a few affiliate programs and where appropriate, I provide links to purchase specific items I'm talking about through those programs.

Reply to
larwe

Thanks for the advice. I found 1&1 which I had tried a while back. They are more experienced now and a friend is using them. I will check with my friend and see if she has any trouble with them.

I would be very interested in allowing direct advertising on gnuarm.com. But I have not found anyone interested in paying for it. Not a big deal as long as I can continue to get inexpensive hosting.

Oh, BTW, I almost forgot to thank you for the Gmail invitation. That is sort of working out. The spam filtering seems to have false alarms on occasion. When that happens I have to manually flag the email as not spam and also forward it to my email account. When it is transferred back to the inbox it does not get forwarded like it does when incoming. I have written them about that and not received a reply. The trouble is that I will get emails from Yahoo groups which are flagged as spam in spurts and I have to go in and forward them all. But this is a big help in dealing with the spam. I had even added ".2006" to most of my email addresses and this only worked for a month or two. Durn spammers!!!

Reply to
rickman

Their reliablity is a joke. Can't depend on them, after 4 consecutive down days in mid-august and 5 days in late-august. Another 3 down days last week. I am looking for another virtual server as well.

The server is fast when available, so it's good for back-up virtual server. The virtual server can host unlimited number of domains. I can provide free backup sites, but no guarantee on uptime.

Reply to
linnix

I run a webhosting business (running OpenBSD), but I fear your bandwidth requirements are beyond what I could sensibly provide you with. (But we are pretty reliable - approx. 1 day's downtime in nearly 7 years ain't bad...)

We've recently setup greylisting (see wikipedia, or greylisting.org) - it works very well indeed. And no heuristics...

Steve

Steve at fivetrees

Just in case anyone is interested in the boards that ToughGuy is selling, I was emailing him asking for info on the boards and he was never able to provide basic info such as how much memory is on the CPU board and he could not describe the IO board at all. I have not heard from him in a couple of days so I guess he has given up on me and is trying to find someone who doesn't ask so many questions.

I think the 386SX CPU board might be useful in a system where low power is an issue. But it is not clear to me that it would be easy to boot the CPU without using what ever the on board Flash socket supports. Are DIP flash devices still readily available? Where do you get software to support them? Or do you have to buy a separate programmer?

Otherwise I think cards with the STPC and similar CPUs are a better bargan at just over $100.

Reply to
rickman