Error messages in Ducth

Hello all

I am working with a GreCon saw, which gives these errors:

_ cellen nazien _ heropstarten (... restart, right?)

What do they mean, especially the first one?

My guess is, that the Dallas DS1230 chips (with battery = cellen?) are dead. The word Nazien I dont get at all.

Can anyone help me here?

Feel free to reply here, and my email sonnich /at/ hot /dot/ ee

Sorry for crossposting, but my dutch is a bit rusty ;-)

Dank U vel Sonnich

+372 53 959 859
Reply to
jodleren

right.

It means "check". You should check the batteries, indeed they are the cellen (the word is not used that often for batteries, when, it is most often for rechargable ones).

Yours sincerely, Rene

Reply to
Rene

and nazien means "check"

Reply to
Mdmeenken

"jodleren" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@r9g2000vbk.googlegroups.com...

nazien = look after, check, examine herstarten = restart

Greatings from the Netherlands, Klaas

Reply to
KE

Ok. As for computer and other stuff with batteries that are usually rechargeable. These are in the chip, but still meant to live for 10 years. They are however 17 years :)

I just realised that another part of the text means something too

Fout Cel Opmeting Fout Cel Ingang Fout Cel Sorteeeder

Fail in cell measuring, enterence and the last I dont get. So Cellen could be those parts?

WBR Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

I think the above texts already are a result of translating from another language, and they also look more like Flemish than Dutch. I don't think "cellen nazien" would normally be used by a native Dutch speaker, they would more likely use "controleer batterij" or similar.

"cellen" could refer to something completely different, though.

Reply to
Rob

That is what I wonder. Machines in a factory are called "cells", and the GreCon Kapzaag in a 3 stage machine. Therefore I wonder that the text before "cellen nazien" is:

Fout Cel Opmeting Fout Cel Ingang Fout Cel Sorteeeder

That would explain something. The entire machine does not work.

The screen states clearly that the machine is made in France. Maybe that helps?

WBR Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

Yes, it probably indicates that the original language was French and it was translated to "Dutch" by someone from Belgium. The Dutch spoken in Belgium is actually Flemish, and it has quite different idiom in cases like this.

It could be helpful when you can set the language to French and then work from that. Or ask in nl.doe-het-zelf where there often are readers from Belgium and the people are more familiar with machines like this.

Reply to
Rob

na-zien: look after

Sorteerder I suppose, from sorteren, to sort.

Failure at cell measuring (not clear if of, or by, cell, I'd guess the former) ditto at cell entrance, and cell sorter (whatever that means)

guido goegel wugi

Reply to
wugi

I think the Dutch 'cellen' is (nearly) equal to the English 'cells'. Both can be used for: batteries, excel cells, prison cells, biological cells and much more.

Failure Cell Measurement / Input (or entrance) / Sorter (misspelled in Dutch)

Sander...

Reply to
Sander Nijdam

Hi all!

I get it now. Unfortunately the machine is a single language only. I need to reprogram 4 eproms to get another language :) The machine is 3-state, in feed, sav, and belt which dumps peices in boxes according to their length.

WBR & Grootjes Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

In that case it's far more likely that 'cell' stands for '(light) sensor'.

-p

Reply to
Piet Beertema

That would really make sense. The machine should read marks on the wood, but fails, and the dumping/sorting sensors sometimes never work.

I will take a look at that

Thanks Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

"sometimes never" is a contradiction. ;-)

-p

Reply to
Piet Beertema

Sorteerder means "the thing that does sorting" and sorting means 'thick bricks here, small bricks there," etc etc etc.

Opmeting means "measuring," probably a distance. The thickness of the table "opmeten."

Fout means "error," "mistake." Ingang means "entrance," can also be used for electronics signal. The cable connecter is the "ingang" for the signal.

Cel is a word not much used in Holland fwik. The first thing coming to mind is a box of a matrix ? Terrorism cel ? Cel is also the word for a prison compartment (cel). Cel is not used for batteries that I ever heard in the Netherlands. It might refer to something special electronics (jargon ?). The word cel is also part of the word for solar-panels in Dutch: zonne-cellen. As such it refers to a single bit of a matrix I guess. So maybe it has to do with a single bit out of something, for example # and then 1st row, 3rd bit: 'cel.' (????)

The word 'cel' could also be excess talk, or refer to its own chip register into which an error was detected ?! ?!

Reply to
J.H.Boersema