Receive VMS from Inmarsat and decode the signals.

Ups, det var en fejl

Reply to
Michael

"Michael" skrev i en meddelelse news:43f9fc60$2$110$ snipped-for-privacy@dread16.news.tele.dk...

Helt ok, så får du svar på samme sprog.

Don't know where in the world you're located, but you're certainly not in Danish timezone ;o)

Hint: adjust date/clock.

Best regards Ebbe

--
Man doesn't cease playing when he grows old.
Man grows old when he cease to play.

"Michael" skrev i en meddelelse news:7AsKf.5694$ snipped-for-privacy@news.getnet.dk...

Hehe, det ka' smutte ;-)

mvh Ebbe

--
Mænd holder ikke op med at lege fordi de bliver gamle.
Mænd bliver gamle fordi de holder op med at lege.

Undskyld at jeg skriver på engelsk.

My name is Michael. I'm educated as electronic mechanic. I started a project with the goal to receive and decode the VMS signals from Inmarsat. VMS system is manly used on fishing vessels. On the ship there is a box with a gps and satellite transceiver. The position information is send each hour, to a land earth station, were it is distributed to the different authorities. I hope that many of you will help and contribute to get this working, because I don't have all the skills my self.

First I started to ask people in different news group about the subject. But I now realized that it will be a bigger task. So I have made a Yahoo group to get this thing going. I have in this group posted the information I have gathered until now. If you think you maybe can contribute to the project then, or is interested in this as well, then please join at

Cheers Michael

Reply to
Michael