Receive VMS from Inmarsat and decode the signals.

Translate This Thread From Danish to

Threaded View
Undskyld at jeg skriver på engelsk.

My name is Michael. I'm educated as electronic mechanic. I started a project
with the goal to receive and decode the VMS signals from Inmarsat. VMS
system is manly used on fishing vessels. On the ship there is a box with a
gps and satellite transceiver. The
position information is send each hour, to a land earth station, were it is
distributed to the different authorities. I hope that many of you will help
and contribute to get this working, because I don't have all the skills my
self.

First I started to ask people in different news group about the subject. But
I now realized that it will be a bigger task. So I have made a Yahoo group
to get this thing going. I have in this group posted the information I have
gathered until now. If you think you maybe can contribute to the project
then, or is interested in this as well, then please join at

Cheers Michael

Re: Receive VMS from Inmarsat and decode the signals.

Helt ok, så får du svar på samme sprog.

Don't know where in the world you're located, but you're certainly not in
Danish timezone ;o)

Hint: adjust date/clock.

Best regards
Ebbe

--
Man doesn't cease playing when he grows old.
Man grows old when he cease to play.

Re: Receive VMS from Inmarsat and decode the signals.
Ups, det var en fejl

Re: Receive VMS from Inmarsat and decode the signals.

Hehe, det ka' smutte ;-)

mvh
Ebbe

--
Mænd holder ikke op med at lege fordi de bliver gamle.
Mænd bliver gamle fordi de holder op med at lege.

Site Timeline