Dead Philips video

Translate This Thread From Danish to

Threaded View
Need help on a Philips video with TurboDeck modellnumber VR 632.

It's totaly dead, when connecting powercord the powersupply pumps but it
doesn't start.
Anyone with knoledge of this video that can help me?

Rick

Re: Dead Philips video
Hi!

Change all the electrolytic capacitors in the power supply and it'll turn on
again. If you have an ESR meter you can find the defective capacitors, but
otherwise just replace them - they don't cost much.

And, happy newyears :)

--
Mvh, Kim Voss Schrader

Re: Dead Philips video
In all of the powersupply?
Both on primary and sekundary part?

Rick

on

Re: Dead Philips video

Mainly scondary, but some of the small on primary could be worn out too

Klaus
     Modeltog, NE2 internetopsætning, elektronik og andet:
Re: Dead Philips video
Thanks!
I'll try that.

Rick

Re: Dead Philips video
Hej!

The primary side is _always_ faulty in older Philips VHS's (that refuses to turn
on).

--
Mvh, Kim Voss Schrader

Site Timeline