Z (zoom) F (focus) C (com) M (menu) inputs on camera

Hello,=20 I have been looking for information about the Z F C M inputs of a camera. T= he camera has also a RS-485 interface and buttons for manual control.

The manual of the camera don=B4t have any information about how to connect = and use these inputs, if they are for servos o any other thing, only say "v= oltage control".

Thanks in advance for any usefull information.

Trevobas

Reply to
trevobas

--
Google is your friend.
Reply to

It depends on what the camera manufacturer wanted them to do; you should try with them first, then Google, then if you ask the question again, try assuming that we're not all god-like beings who can look at your desk and read the writing on the camera -- and tell us what the @#$% you have (you know -- little things like manufacturer and model number).

Chances are low that anyone here has worked with that particular camera, but you can always try.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

camera has also a RS-485 interface and buttons for manual control.

use these inputs, if they are for servos o any other thing, only say "voltage control".

When all else fails: RTFM

Reply to
Tom Biasi

ect

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

Hello Tim,

I thought that these entries were something as well known as RS-485, but it= seems that they are nothing known.

I was looking for hours, with the little information that I had and only fo= und one .pdf, of a camera cv430hz model, which has the same rear panel, the= same buttons, the same inputs, the same specifications ..... + - 3v +-12v Here is the link:

0hz

and this one has only Z, F, C, although the rear panel is identical

and says:

Camera control by voltage

To control the camera voltage, use the connectors marked Z, F, C, as follow= s:

Z, zoom control (+) F, focus control (+) C, common (-)

Looking cv430hz model, sold in many online stores, and after many links, ap= peared the name of the manufacturer MicroView, and looking, seems to be a c= ompany in Austin Texas.

And I have not found anything else.

Best regards.

Trevobas

Reply to
trevobas

seems that they are nothing known.

one .pdf, of a camera cv430hz model, which has the same rear panel, the same buttons, the same inputs, the same specifications ..... + - 3v +-12v

appeared the name of the manufacturer MicroView, and looking, seems to be a company in Austin Texas.

If you are able to get info on (or hands-on access to) the suggested controller (CBZ-220) you may find out the required voltage levels. I haven't found anything in a quick search.

Otoh, you may try the RS-485 way, which might (?) be better documented.

Pere

Reply to
o pere o

nnect

say

ld

try

and

you

a,

t it seems that they are nothing known.

y found one .pdf, of a camera cv430hz model, which has the same rear panel,= the same buttons, the same inputs, the same specifications ..... + - 3v +-=

12v

cv430hz

llows:

, appeared the name of the manufacturer MicroView, and looking, seems to be= a company in Austin Texas.

Hello Pere,

It's a good idea, I found a site explaining how to connect the inputs to th= e Pan and Tilt, but the keyboard works on 220v and is for a different camer= a more than I thought of cv430hz.

It is clear that RS-485 is well documented and there are many converters RS=

-232 to RS-485, and I will not have any problem in using it, but I would li= ke to know which are the other entries and how to use, because maybe with a= simple game joystick, you can control the zoom. The focus you leave it on = AUTO.

I have written to COELMA a place where sold, and I think also know electron= ics.

Best regards

Trevobas

Reply to
trevobas

El lunes, 19 de marzo de 2012 08:03:49 UTC+1, trevobas escribi=F3:

The camera has also a RS-485 interface and buttons for manual control.

t and use these inputs, if they are for servos o any other thing, only say = "voltage control".

I answer myself, I have finally found a manual for a camera similar to Z an= d F entries and a table of how to use the inputs

7.Installation Connecting to External Controller FUNC. FOCUS ZOOM TELE COM +6 V WIDE COM -6 V NEAR +6 V COM FAR -6 V COM MENU +6 V +6 V STOP COM COM Controller Function Table

Thank you very much to all who have responded

Reply to
trevobas