Xenon or Led ?

I was told by a professional that xenon light used in the fire warming systems cannot be replaced by led light due to the poor visibility in hazy condition like when there is smoke during fire, would that be true ? Thanks members for your advise .

Regards

Reply to
mowhoong

cannot be replaced by led light due to the poor visibility in hazy condition like when there is smoke during fire, would that be true ? Thanks members for your advise .

The lights need to meet NFPA and perhaps other specifications. It's possible what you say is true, I have not done tests on LEDs.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

on 9/28/2012, mowhoong supposed :

Several points but not sure how relavent.

Red is not where eye sensitivity is best, green is.

Xenon lights put out a lot of UV. Maybe UV helps in smoke??? But do these lights have UV filters?

In photography, Xenon flash for products have no UV filers but for portrature they do have UV filters. Why? UV penetrates the skin and illuminates the veins and who wants to see that; a face with a road map. That is also why there is specific makeup for models. The stage makeup has UV filtering built in but regular makeup may not. Arc lights produce UV!

Reply to
BeeJ