Will this timer work?

Greetings John, Thanks for posting the schematic. At first I thought it wouldn't work for me but I just now realized that the first pulse could be the non-welding pulse. The reason for the pulsing is to avoid warping of the metal and a welding pulse twice as long would put too much heat into the work. But if I use the first pulse as the off weld pulse it just means a slight delay every time I pull the trigger. In fact, since I want the gas to flow constantly the extra long pulse at the beginning of welding will insure there is pure gas flowing when the first weld starts. I will be connecting the switch in the MIG gun handle to both the timer and and the gas solenoid controller. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks again, Eric

Reply to
etpm

Excellent!
Reply to