Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

Specifically, where can I buy a high quality small wheel hub motor (with wheel) like the one used for powered Trikkes?

Or some other small wheel (16 inches or less) hub motor?

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

Why not buy from the links you posted?

Meat Plow

xfer.nntp.sonic.net!news.alt.net

*x|b~i31"Unbj14#9JSEU- t^AZ0t({4y50$Tq/*k\mA~z}0TxRH37YpY5nPE8Pd,S/Ajsap'uw*+"G $~b":iv"d4;BuN;A{*Cs-al/h+bT >
Reply to
John Doe

You can buy shit almost anywhere, but if you want the best, there's only one company.

Smitty Two

How about a high quality small wheel hub motor (with wheel) like the one used for powered Trikkes?

Apparently they are not for sale there.

--

news.astraweb.com!border5.newsrouter.astraweb.com!nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu!feeder.erje.net!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail

posting-host="FaCjb1syCep1FdwjGLL1rw"; logging-data="9727"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/b2bE8Rf5i3lRkHSiCxGBN8Yl53rl/Sh8="

Reply to
John Doe

First hit on Google.com

Meat Plow

Per John Doe:

A lot of bike motors come from China and my experience is that almost anything from China is iffey: might be OK, might be junk... even the same make/model may vary greatly. I had one item where they couldn't even thread a shaft properly and it had to be replaced.

So, unless you can afford top dollar for something from a European maker, the firewall between you and the Chinese maker becomes important.

It's not whether something is going to go wrong or not. Things

*will* go wrong. Instead, it's how the retailer handles it.

I bought a complete eBike conversion kit from one little guy and got what I'm pretty sure is a bad battery. His only response was to tell me to ship it to some middleman via hazmat shipping and see what the middleman says. This guy didn't even have batteries in stock.

OTOH, I bought a motor from ebikes.ca, had an issue with a noise from the motor, and they made it right immediately and painlessly. I would definitely recommend these guys to anybody they will ship to.

--
PeteCresswell
Reply to

They are the manufacturer. I assumed you could find your own distributor with a modicum of googling, or perhaps asking the manufacturer for names of distributors in your area, *after* you've perused the manufacturer's specs to select the correct motor for your application. I stand unequivocally by my assertion that you will not find a better hub motor than Heinzmann.

Reply to
Smitty Two

That looks better than anything I have come up so far, and I am no slouch at research. Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

A lot of everything comes from China.

Reply to
John Doe

Per John Doe:

Keep in mind that you need a controller and a battery: both of which have to be compatible with the motor.

--
PeteCresswell
Reply to