Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

Specifically, where can I buy a high quality small wheel hub motor
(with wheel) like the one used for powered Trikkes?

http://www.trikke.com/hd_2/Refurbished-Trikkes/Tribred-E-Kit-Upgrade

http://www.trikke.com/CU_frontwheel.jpg

Or some other small wheel (16 inches or less) hub motor?

Thanks.

Re: Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

Why not buy from the links you posted?

Re: Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

Because that option does not exist.

Re: Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

First hit on Google.com

http://www.scootercatalog.com/750-watt-rear-hub-motor.html

Re: Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

That looks better than anything I have come up so far, and I am no
slouch at research. Thanks.

Re: Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

Per John Doe:

Keep in mind that you need a controller and a battery: both of
which have to be compatible with the motor.
--
PeteCresswell

Re: Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

You can buy shit almost anywhere, but if you want the best, there's only
one company.

http://www.heinzmann.de/en

Re: Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

How about a high quality small wheel hub motor (with wheel) like
the one used for powered Trikkes?

Apparently they are not for sale there.

news.astraweb.com!border5.newsrouter.astraweb.com!nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu!feeder.erje.net!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
Re: Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

Per John Doe:

A lot of bike motors come from China and my experience is that
almost anything from China is iffey: might be OK, might be
junk... even the same make/model may vary greatly.  I had one
item where they couldn't even thread a shaft properly and it had
to be replaced.

So, unless you can afford top dollar for something from a
European maker, the firewall between you and the Chinese maker
becomes important.

It's not whether something is going to go wrong or not.  Things
*will* go wrong.   Instead, it's how the retailer handles it.

I bought a complete eBike conversion kit from one little guy and
got what I'm pretty sure is a bad battery.   His only response
was to tell me to ship it to some middleman via hazmat shipping
and see what the middleman says.   This guy didn't even have
batteries in stock.

OTOH, I bought a motor from ebikes.ca, had an issue with a noise
from the motor, and they made it right immediately and
painlessly.  I would definitely recommend these guys to anybody
they will ship to.
--
PeteCresswell

Re: Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

A lot of everything comes from China.

Re: Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?

They are the manufacturer. I assumed you could find your own distributor
with a modicum of googling, or perhaps asking the manufacturer for names
of distributors in your area, *after* you've perused the manufacturer's
specs to select the correct motor for your application. I stand
unequivocally by my assertion that you will not find a better hub motor
than Heinzmann.

Site Timeline