where to buy a house/device current meter?

"Ultra Low-Cost Electronic Energy Meter"

I guess you just plug it into the wall and plug your device into it.

Anybody know where to get one of those or similar? The simpler the better.

Thank you.

Reply to
John Doe

How could it possibly track your kWhr use when it has no reference to current? It's a rip-off..

--
---
Remove _nospam_ to reply via email.

Methinks it measures the power consumption for the device plugged into its socket.

Reply to
Greg Neill

Googling "Energy Meter" turns up lots of devices. check out

It would have been easier to google for it than to write a message on a newsgroup!

Dan H.

Reply to
Dan H

Searching for "Energy Meter" turns up a lot of unrelated things. Try searching for "Electronic Energy Meter". There is lots of talk about it, but I find no place to buy it here in the United States.

Unfortunately it's out of stock.

Maybe an energy meter is not so easy to find.

When you shop, do you call that "Wal-Marting"?

Thanks for the lead, I will keep looking.

newssvr13.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!newsfeed-00.mathworks.com!newsfeed2.dallas1.level3.net!news.level3.com!postnews.google.com!u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail

GMT)

Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

posting-account=ps5UoA0AAACQYJ6rvLdtLHOdHVGnDFl4

Reply to
John Doe

If I can't find that, I recall hearing about some clamp like or circular device that you put around an AC wire to measure current? Do you know what that's called? Any leads would be appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

Clamp-on current probes for multipmeters.

Reply to
Greg Neill

Try Harder - I found 3 more on amazon.com see

or

here is another one:

Dan H.

Reply to
Dan H

Yea, could be.. I thought it was just a meter and the outlet below was part of the recpticle that's it's plugged into, but I bet your right.. Either way, it's not worth the price...

--
---
Remove _nospam_ to reply via email.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Clinton

"Kill A Watt"

Reply to
Tom Woodrow

Again, I appreciate the lead. It's out of stock there but apparently it's available elsewhere. I took that term "Kill A Watt" originally given by Dan H, stuck it into Amazon.com, and came up with that and two or three other different brands.

I suppose some expensive versions allow for entering cost per kilowatt hour to determine the cost instead of just the wattage. But all I need is a simple readout of current that's easier than trying to connect my multimeter, the Kill A Watt appears to be the least expensive available easy to use load meter.

Thanks a lot to the replies.

Reply to
John Doe

Wow, cool. That would be my choice if I were doing electronics now. A BK CP-3 looks a little pricey for much higher current reading than I need.

Reply to
John Doe

You should be able to find the Kill A Watt for under $30US delivered. I got mine from this Ebay vendor:

It displays voltage, frequency, current drawn by the attached device, watts, Volt-Amps, power factor, KwH, and hours on (as when checking how much of the time the old fridge or freezer actually runs).

Reply to
John