What would be the drawbacks of this TV/computer display?

Hi

I=92m thinking of a hypothetical monitor for a TV/computer. This display does not use plasma, LCD, or a backlight to any extent. Instead it relies purely on ILEDs for emission of light, colors, and images. As with most screens, each pixel contains a red, green, and blue subpixel. However, in this hypothetical monitor, each subpixel consists of a single ILED.

ILED =3D Inorganic Light Emitting Diode

Each pixel =96 and its respective subpixels =96 are as small as physically- possible given the state of today=92s technology. The screen contains as many pixels per area physically-possible with today=92s technology. These specs ensure that highest possible image resolution.

What would be the disadvantages of this purely-ILED monitor =96 besides the cost?

I think this type of display is the most eco-friendly possible considering today=92s technology. Am I right?

ILED kicks LCD=92s butt anyday.

These so-called =93LED TVs=94 in the current market as simply LCDs with LED backlights. These evil marketers are so manipulative and the customers who fall for them are so unwise.

LCDs reek. When an LCD monitor is turned on, it required more watts to stay dark than to be bright. My hypothetical ILED monitor does the exact opposite and is more eco-friendly because it doesn=92t waste energy using a backlight.

My ILED screen totally kills both plasma and LCD technology. ILED also is significantly more energy-efficient than OLED.

Thanks,

Green Xenon

Reply to
GreenXenon

GreenXenon:

This "emission of images" already puts you in a gray zone.

Like in the big screens used in rock concerts, TV studios or on the sides of soccer fields?

LED are inorganic, unless otherwise noted.

Given the state of today's technology. :D

None. The big problem are the connections. That's why there are no such screens big as a tv.

Yes.

Another step in your descent.

Well, at least they produce something that can be produced, instead of fantasizing on trivial inventions.

As usual, if you can build it, you're a genius, otherwise a crackpot.

Reply to
F. Bertolazzi