What speaker?

into

fit

1

Are you sure that's not 300mW maximum i.e. 300mW at full volume?

I would expect better sound quality from the larger speaker. I would expect slightly higher efficiency (i.e. more sound pressure) from the smaller speaker - for the same energy input; but, unless you're running it on full volume, you could just turn the volume up a bit and get the same sound pressure _and_ better quality from the big speaker.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

The small radio's speaker jack is rated at 300 milliwatts minimum into

8 ohms. I have a choice of two 8 ohm speakers that will phsically fit my separate enclosure: one is rated at 150 milliwatts and another at 1 watt.

Can any general statements be made as to loudness and quality of sound?

The speakers are at Mouser.com nos. 665-AT-41 and 253-1635CP08.

Ken (to reply via email remove "zz" from address)

Reply to
Ken

In general, you do not want to apply more power to a speaker than it is rated for, if you want it to sound good and last long.

--
John Popelish
Reply to

put the 1 watt one in.