What is the relationship between channel gain and path loss?

Hello,

I'm trying to model the channel gains between my nodes in a wireless network. I'm able to compute the path loss between any two nodes, but the question I have is, what is the relationship between channel gain and path loss? If I use the Shannon Capacity formula R = w*log2(1 + (Pt*|H|^2)/(w*N + I)) where w is the bandwidth, Pt is the transmit power, |H|^2 is power of the channel gain, N is the Gaussian noise and I is the interference, how do I compute |H|^2 given the ratio of received power to transmit power,

Pr/Pt = Gt*Gr*(lambda/(4*pi*d))^2

I can't find this answer anywhere and I'd figure it's a pretty common calculation.

Reply to
Ginu