what is the meaning of "aspects of using digital representation of analogue signals"?

How about a computer display which simulates a speedometer...or an RPM gauge or a glass cockpit on a modern jet aircraft or an electronic VU meter or .........

Reply to
Lord Garth

Yes, I can. Can you do your homework on your own?

Bob

¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:h8q2e.5811$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
Reply to
Bob

can anyone give me some examples? thanks!

Reply to
nick

Since this is obviously homework, I'm only going to point you in the right direction: Look up "quantization". An analog signal is continuous in time and value, but a digital representation has to fit into a specified number system. What happens when an input happens to fall "between the cracks" in time or level?

You might also want to look up "aliasing" and "sampling theory" while you are at it.

Best regards,

Bob Masta dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom D A Q A R T A Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Bob Masta

can you list three important aspects of using digital representation of analogue signals? "Lord Garth" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:h8q2e.5811$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
nick

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:37:39 +0800 in sci.electronics.basics, "nick" wrote msg :

Red, green and blue.

--
Al Brennan
Reply to

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:37:39 +0800, nick top-posted:

Possibly. Can you be more specific? For example, what does "aspects" mean?

Thanks, Rich

¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:h8q2e.5811$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
Reply to
Rich The Newsgropup Wacko

An aspect is a view of something, or a way to see it, a way it can be used.

I can see a cow as a milk-producing animal, or as a valuable property, or as a symbol for something holy (in India), or as an example of a four-legged animal.

One aspect of computers is that they allow us to communicate globally via internet. Another aspect is that computers are cute to look at and make nice sounds.

digital representation of analogue signals

is a way to convert analogue signal so we can process and store the signals in modern digital devices

allows us to store analogue signal in computers, like we do with music, mp3-players.

allows us to use digital signal processing on the signal, like the DSP processor on your sound card, which allow you to change the echo effects (big hall, concert hall, church) on everything you play

it sacrifices some of the precision in the analogue signal through digitalization, but we gain other advantages from the transformation.

--
Roger J.
Reply to

sorry , can you explain what is the meaning of aspect to me? because i think there are many aspects of using digital representation of analogue signals

thanks!

Reply to
nick

the question is "list three important aspects of using digital representation of analogue signals"?

many aspects of using digital representation of analogue signals,but which three are important? becasue many aspects are also important.

so i fell very confuse of that question.

thanks!

Reply to
nick