What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor.
That's a NEGATIVE 10 ohm resistor, not a standard (positive) 10 ohm
brown-black-black resistor. (Thats 10 ohms below zero ohms).

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor
Have you heard of "milliohms" ??
Most folks express would express that as 0.1ohms or in milliohms.
So if you google "Resistor multipliers" you may very well come across
the colour code you seek.

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

    Kill file the pathetic troll. He posts his bullshit messages on many
newsgroups.

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor
On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 05:56:47 -0500, Michael A Terrell

While negative resistance does not exist, you have proven that it is
possible to have a negative sense of humor. That's negative ten on the
humor scale, or ten points below ZERO sense of humor!

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

    The only thing that you've proved is that I no longer have an
ability to sufferer fools of any kind, in yet another newsgroup.

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

Must be rough looking in the mirror...  I'm just sayin'

--

Rick C

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

    No one cares about your ignorant blather, as well.

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

Obviously you do or you wouldn't have replied...  I'm just sayin'

--

Rick C

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

Then tell us what it's like.

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

So today you've decided you *do* care about my ignorant blather?

lol

--

Rick C

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

Nah, he's either demonstrating that he's a nobody, or that your post
was not ignorant blather.

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

By definition it is not a resistor, primarily because it has no resistance.

I suppose you could call it an ass-istor?

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

It's the same as a +10 ohm resistor but you turn it around the other way.

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

Come to think of it, they may put the brown mark on the other end of the
resistor.

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

Just buy one please and tell us all.

piglet

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

Best Answer!!

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

Isn't negative resistance a battery? After all one can measure the ESR
of batteries...

John ;-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

That's still a positive resistance just like a resistor you add to the
circuit.  The only negative resistance I know of is in certain semiconductor
devices and only applies over a limited range of voltage and current.

--

Rick C

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

That would only be a negative incremental resistance.  A negative
resistor can't be a passive device.  Power has to be added to get a
true negative resistance.  Line amplifier are an example of negative
resistors.

Re: What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

Are you perhaps thinking of reactance, which is some value multipled
by sqrt(-1)?  Inductors and capacitors are normally not marked with
their reactance values because it varies with frequency.

Another possibility is that you have inserted the battery in your
ohms-guesser backwards, and are therefore producing negative
resistance readings.  If not the battery, then perhaps the meter leads
have been reversed.