what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?

i have heared about different kinds of computer softwares for electronics simulation. but i am wondering which one is the best, and the most practical. can anybody tell me which one i should install on my computer? i have heared about EWB, PROTEUS, PROTEL, P SPICE and many more... but which one i should start working with?

Reply to
honeymoon6002

It depends on your budget & other requirements. ( I liked EWB and P SPICE.) All the products mentioned by you are equally competitive.

Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru

I use Multisim

Reply to
Raphael Specht

Most people appreciate **FREE*.

JeffM

Define 'best'.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore a écrit :

Don't know what 'best' is, but I sure know that 'worst' is EWB (now Multisim).

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Like so many merchandising companies who just happen to deal in software, they have a problem with ethics.

*-*+zz-zz+lethal.bugs+dishonest.business.practices+Electronics.Workbench+*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-on-Kazaa-for-free+*-dreadful+SUCKS+*.screw.the.*.*.*.*.*.promised.lifetime.free.upgrades+*.changed.the.name.*.*.*.*+qq-qq+useless+Illegal
*-*-*-*-*-the-new-one-*-*-*-likely-to-have-defects+zzz+*.has.been.noted.*.many.times.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*+Electronics-Workbench-screwed-me+*-sucks+qq+*.*.treat.me.*.*.*+*-told-me-*-if-I-bought-the-newest-version-*-*-*-*

Reply to
JeffM

LT Spice. Free.

John

I have been quite happy with LTSpice. My thought is: Don't pay for anything until you exceed the capabilities of LTSpice.

Reply to
Bearded Occam

Agreed, although I might add that everyone who become a proficient LTSpice user might want to download the freely available manuals for things like, e.g., PSpice to get some idea of what they're "missing."

Unfortunately PSpice has been left to languish for years now by Cadence, with little or no improvements. :-( It still has a lot more features than LTspice, although LTspice also has the various proprietary devices used with switching power supplies that no other well-known SPICE has... not to mention that if you want to use Linear Devices' models for their switching controller ICs, LTspice is the only way to do it.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Quite agreed. I used PSpice in grad school, and I may still have the

5.25" floppy. Closer to home, I have had to look up SPICE language when inserting third party models into LTSpice, and trying to understand some of the subtleties.
Reply to
Bearded Occam

If you cannot afford it C++ Builder and design your own simulators and other software. However, if you want quality, ask your employer to order a free demo first and try it out. As far as Xilinx freeware - forget it get quality if you can afford it. Otherwise you will be on the phone a lot with tech support.

Reply to
David Wright

Hi happy new year

Reply to