what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?

i have heared about different kinds of computer softwares for
electronics simulation. but i am wondering which one is the best, and
the most practical. can anybody tell me which one i should install on
my computer? i have heared about EWB, PROTEUS, PROTEL, P SPICE and
many more... but which one i should start working with?

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?

It depends on your budget & other requirements. ( I liked EWB and P
SPICE.)
All the products mentioned by you are equally competitive.

Karthik Balaguru

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?
I use Multisim

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?

Most people appreciate **FREE*.
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=LTspice+intitle:simulation-software+ingroup:sci.electronics&scoring=d

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?

Define 'best'.

Graham

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?

Don't know what 'best' is, but I sure know that 'worst' is EWB (now
Multisim).

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?

Like so many merchandising companies
who just happen to deal in software,
they have a problem with ethics.
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.basics/browse_frm/thread/4b6d24bbcc35b47/66a3d43500e2c4aa?q=mediocre -*-*+zz-zz+lethal.bugs+dishonest.business.practices+Electronics.Workbench+*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-on-Kazaa-for-free+*-dreadful+SUCKS+*.screw.the.*.*.*.*.*.promised.lifetime.free.upgrades+*.changed.the.name.*.*.*.*+qq-qq+useless+Illegal
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.design/browse_frm/thread/bee6dab5ef1e86c9/ec739066bec0a94a?q =*-*-*-*-*-the-new-one-*-*-*-likely-to-have-defects+zzz+*.has.been.noted.*.many.times.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*+Electronics-Workbench-screwed-me+*-sucks+qq+*.*.treat.me.*.*.*+*-told-me-*-if-I-bought-the-newest-version-*-*-*-*

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 03:24:24 -0800 (PST), honeymoon6002

LT Spice. Free.

John

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?

I have been quite happy with LTSpice. My thought is: Don't pay for
anything until you exceed the capabilities of LTSpice.

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?

Agreed, although I might add that everyone who become a proficient LTSpice
user might want to download the freely available manuals for things like,
e.g., PSpice to get some idea of what they're "missing."

Unfortunately PSpice has been left to languish for years now by Cadence, with
little or no improvements. :-(  It still has a lot more features than LTspice,
although LTspice also has the various proprietary devices used with switching
power supplies that no other well-known SPICE has... not to mention that if
you want to use Linear Devices' models for their switching controller ICs,
LTspice is the only way to do it.

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?

Quite agreed. I used PSpice in grad school, and I may still have the
5.25" floppy. Closer to home, I have had to look up SPICE language
when inserting third party models into LTSpice, and trying to
understand some of the subtleties.

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?
If you cannot afford it C++ Builder and design your own simulators and other
software.  However, if you want quality, ask your employer to order a free
demo first and try it out.  As far as Xilinx freeware - forget it get
quality if you can afford it. Otherwise you will be on the phone a lot with
tech support.

Re: what is the best computer software for electronics simulation?
Hi happy new year

Site Timeline