What is the best / better Circuit simulation software to use

Hello,

This problem has probably been debated quite a few times before, but I would like to get your opinions. I am starting out in electronics, but would like to know which piece of circuit simulation software I should use. I am familiar with SPICE, but entering the netlists by hand is prone to error. I have also used Electronics WB, LT spice (switcher CAD), and PROTELL 99. I don't mind spending a little bit of money, but anything over 1K is out of the question, unless I can find a version or free online.

What software do you think would be beneficial to invest money, and time into learning

Thanks for any and all opinions.

-Regards

-Eric

Reply to
happymac

Only time is necessary. Get a copy of LTspice (SwitcherCad).

It includes a very nice schematic editor and symbol maker. There is also a very good Yahoo user's group dedicated to it.

Regards,

John Popelish
Reply to
John Popelish

I like LTspice, and use it for almost everything. It is also useful for posting schematics on newsgroups, using the ASCII file format.

I have also used Tina, which is available free on the

website. I also purchased a low end version for about $30. It has some cool features like an interactive mode and clickable components such as switches, that will cause LEDs to light, relays will change state, displays will indicate digits and alphanumerics, etc. There is a bit of a learning curve, however, and I have not used it much, but it's worth a try, especially for some circuits.

Also check

www.designsoftware,com and
They have some nice products, including a PCB design package with 3-D views, virtual instruments, etc.

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 00:51:10 -0400 in sci.electronics.basics, John Popelish wrote,

The only good Yahoo group is a dead Yahoo group. That's what sci.electronics.cad is for.

Reply to
David Harmon

--
What is it you find onerous about the LTspice user group?

As far as I can tell it\'s an excellent resource, is very well managed,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

When it has the absolutely amazing Helmut Sennewald at the helm, I might agree.

--
Regards,

John Popelish
Reply to
John Popelish

Yes. "Lots" translates as almost 14,000 at the moment.

--
Regards,

John Popelish
Reply to
John Popelish

but

Give a try to TINA, we use it and its work quite well! Regards, DenisLachapelle

denis_sysacom