Weird problem in Full wave (FW) bridge rectifier

I am working on implementation of FW bridge rectifier (without any filter). I am applying a sinusoidal input (1 Phase, +- 20, 60 Hz) to the bridge and measuring the voltage across the load resistance. When I am trying to dispaly the output waveform in a CRO, I am seeing only one half of the rectified waveform. I cross checked the individual diodes and I found that all are in perfect condition and working nice when using in HW rectifier mode. I want to know why I am seeing such a wierd results.

Reply to
dkmishra

Where are you taking your ground reference from for the oscilloscope measurement?

Reply to
Greg Neill

YES

Reply to
dkmishra

"YES"? That's not a helpful response.

Reply to
Greg Neill

I resolved the problem. I was using input signal from the function generator of oscilloscope. I came to know that If you are feeding it a signal (~) that goes from oscilloscope ground to a positive voltage, there will be no negative part of the waveform when we measure it with oscilloscope. I then tried a transformer's output as the input and problem got resolved.

Reply to
deepak.mishra