Walkie talkie operation

I have an inexpensive walkie talkie (under $50/pair). It receives FRB in 400 MHz and weather stations in 160 MHz region. It is both sensitive and selective. I can not find any schematics also I do not see any IF teransformers. Is it a superhet and if not how do they achieve such great performance in a TRF design? Cass

Reply to
Cass Lewart

If it is a modern design, it is highly integrated maybe even a single chip receiver. It surely is superhet, maybe even double converted. The IF is probably 10.7MHz and likely uses a crystal or ceramic resonator, not IF transformers.

Reply to
Bob Eld